website statistics

GB Athletics

This is one for the very far future.

Annabelle Fasuba ran 12.09 for the 100m yesterday in Plymouth to put her just outside the top 30 women in the UK.

Why is that notable? She doesn't turn 13 for another few months.

Her father was an Olympic relay medalist for Nigeria who later joined the Royal Navy.

The women's middle distance events in Doha are stacked.

The 800m has got 4 of the finalists from the world indoors just a couple of months ago, and then you add Moraa on top?

And the 1500m has the triple Ethiopian attack of Hailu, Haylom and Welteji.

Should be some great races.

The men's 1500m isn't half bad either.

Couple of entries for our friends across the Irish Sea as well, in Sarah Lavin and Sarah Healy.

42 minutes ago, Dragon said:

This is one for the very far future.

Annabelle Fasuba ran 12.09 for the 100m yesterday in Plymouth to put her just outside the top 30 women in the UK.

Why is that notable? She doesn't turn 13 for another few months.

Her father was an Olympic relay medalist for Nigeria who later joined the Royal Navy.

Commonwealth silver medalist and former African record holder as well. Her mum also ran the 4x4 at the Athens games as well. That's not bad role models to have at home as a young athlete!

If she sticks with the sport - and with GBR rather than Nigeria - that's a potential top tier talent right there.

9 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

The women's middle distance events in Doha are stacked.

The 800m has got 4 of the finalists from the world indoors just a couple of months ago, and then you add Moraa on top?

And the 1500m has the triple Ethiopian attack of Hailu, Haylom and Welteji.

Should be some great races.

The men's 1500m isn't half bad either.

Couple of entries for our friends across the Irish Sea as well, in Sarah Lavin and Sarah Healy.

Brits in action - well, scheduled to be.

Discus - Lawrence Okoye
PV - Molly Caudrey
HJ - Morgan Lake
800m - Alex Bell, Isabelle Boffey and Jemma Reekie,
1500m W - Georgia Bell, Melissa Courtney-Bryant, Revee Walcott-Nolan
1500m M - Elliot Giles
100m - Amy Hunt, Daryll Neita

Couple of our vaulters and putters are in action over the next couple of days. 

8-May: Hvezdne Hazeni :CZE: Scott Lincoln goes in the Shot Put. 

8-May: Birchfield Harrier Open Meet :GBR: Amelia Campbell scheduled to compete in Shot Put.

9-May: Jump & Fly 2024 :GER: Adam Hague, Owen Heard and Sophie Cook are all scheduled to compete in the Pole Vault. 

23 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Couple of our vaulters and putters are in action over the next couple of days. 

8-May: Hvezdne Hazeni :CZE: Scott Lincoln goes in the Shot Put. 

Scott Lincoln wins the competition in :CZE with a put of 21.25m in the last round - 25cm short of OQS but more importantly, 25cm more than the UKA standard so that should be enough for UKA to accept a World Athletics invite if he gets one. 

He's currently 16th in the road to Paris ranking list and top ranked non-direct qualifier so he is well placed for invite. 

So not sure whether to post this or not as can't verify it yet but will put it here anyhow and if I need to correct it later I will.

Apparently both Holly Mills and Abigail Pawlett are due to take part in the Hypo Gotzis Heptathlon next weekend and Jack Turner is due to compete in the Decathlon. 

I'm saying 'apparently' because it seems there has been a copy of the entry list doing the rounds on social media but the Gotzis organisers have said that it didn't come from them and they wont be publishing the official entry list until the end of the week.

I'm hoping from a British perspective that all three are competing, but would also like to see Jade O'Dowda on the start line given she pulled out of her last comp. 

Pulling details of next week's Night of the 10,000m PBs and, although she's not on the entry lists, it led me to do some checking on progress of Eilish McColgan.

After 2023 blighted by injury, she returned to action in Paris when she was pacemaker for a 10k road race as part of the Paris Marathon events. From the looks of things, she now in a block of altitude training in Colorado and she posted this week that she was training in spikes for the first time since last year. 

From a selection for Paris perspective, McColgan has the 10,000m standard from March last year although she may have to prove her form to the selectors to confirm her place on the team. If she is looking to double up, she doesn't yet have the standard for 5,000m. 

16 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

So not sure whether to post this or not as can't verify it yet but will put it here anyhow and if I need to correct it later I will.

Apparently both Holly Mills and Abigail Pawlett are due to take part in the Hypo Gotzis Heptathlon next weekend and Jack Turner is due to compete in the Decathlon. 

I'm saying 'apparently' because it seems there has been a copy of the entry list doing the rounds on social media but the Gotzis organisers have said that it didn't come from them and they wont be publishing the official entry list until the end of the week.

I'm hoping from a British perspective that all three are competing, but would also like to see Jade O'Dowda on the start line given she pulled out of her last comp.