website statistics

Athletics WA Indoor World Championships 2024

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

There is no such thing as ''assigned at birth'' unless your a hermaphadite,you are either a girl or a boy.I can declare that i'm a banana,that doesn't mean that i'm actually a banana and people have to just act like there's nothing weird with that.Also i don't know why you are bringing transgender into this.there's nonbinary[which i don't consider anything but a western invention].and there's being transgender which is an actual  proven thing,they are not the same thing,no matter how much non binary ''activists'' are trying to claim that they are. 

That phrasing is a commonly accepted way of describing people's birth gender in the United States. If you don't like the way that source worded it, here's a quote from a story Fox News wrote about them: "Hiltz, a biological female who identifies as transgender non-binary, said it was a win for the trans community." 

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nikki-hiltz-identifies-transgender-non-binary-dedicates-usatf-championship-win-trans-community

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

But you can’t identify as non-binary, you’re either a male or a female and that’s that. Hiltz is a female. All the various pronouns (he/her/she/they/them/xer?) are bullshit.  

11 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

there's nonbinary[which i don't consider anything but a western invention].and there's being transgender which is an actual  proven thing,they are not the same thing,no matter how much non binary ''activists'' are trying to claim that they are. 

I think non-binary has more to do with people not identifying with commonly proclaimed masculine or feminine traits. It could also mean someone doesn't want their biology being considered when talked about (ie, essentially idenfiying as "general human"). I realize that aspect of that may be more difficult in the context of sport. Nonetheless, I don't feel like someone not wanting be connected to prescripted ideas of gender is that bad, honestly. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

I can declare that i'm a banana,that doesn't mean that i'm actually a banana and people have to just act like there's nothing weird with that.

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I identify as Mondo Duplantis :p

Those aren't the same thing as being transgender or non-binary though. They aren't identifying as "non-human," or random objects. Nor, are they commiting identity theft. They're saying they culturally, or in some cases physically, identify with one gender or neither gender.

Edited by Olympian1010

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Those aren't the same thing as being transgender or non-binary though. They aren't identifying as "non-human," or random objects. Nor, are they commiting identity theft. They're saying they culturally, or in some cases physically, identify with one gender or neither gender.

There are people who identify as objects though,and there not kidding,and expect to be taken seriously.

Edited by Biathlonfan

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That phrasing is a commonly accepted way of describing people's birth gender in the United States. If you don't like the way that source worded it, here's a quote from a story Fox News wrote about them: "Hiltz, a biological female who identifies as transgender non-binary, said it was a win for the trans community." 

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nikki-hiltz-identifies-transgender-non-binary-dedicates-usatf-championship-win-trans-community

That's great,but the United states is not the entire world and just because that's completely normal in America does not mean that countries like my own also agree with the sentiment.Also,i'm not taking it as an insult,but i'm not a fox news watcher or reader,so them proclaiming a wiewpoint doesn't automatically mean i support it,that aside all they seem to be doing here is quoting Hiltz who.....this is not a thing.Even if i accept non binary being a thing,Non binary Transgender is not a thing,you can not just smash the two together and say that your it,now yes all i'm arguing is the whole identifying thing,this is a biological woman,that's awesome,no one was robbed,however,to claim that she won something for the transgender community......when she's not even transgender,this women is litereally asking for people to harass,her because normal people,even in America do not hear or use Transgender-non binary as a single word,and will just assume that she was biologically male,and is now competing in women's spots,this is a really dumb[and potentially dangearous] way to try to get attention.There are people,like Blaire white in this world people,who actually suffered [and suffering still]gender dysphoria,and had to medically change their body,who are essentially being mocked by what Hiltz is doing,as she takes all the praise,and support......by just proclaiming that she's trans,no work done,no suffering,just says that she's it,i have a massive issue with that,and that's all i really want to say on the topic.

Edited by Biathlonfan

2 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

There are people who identify as objects though,and there not kidding,and expect to be taken seriously.

Well, that's different concept in my opinion then. I've never met anyone who does seriously.

3 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

Also,i'm not taking it as an insult,but i'm not a fox news watcher or reader,so them proclaiming a wiewpoint doesn't automatically mean i support it that aside all they seem to be doing here is quoting Hiltz who.....this is not a thing.

Genuinely didn't mean it to be an insult by the way. I just wanted to offer an alternative to the first article, since you were confused by the wording.

4 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

Even if i accept non binary being a thing,Non binary Transgender is not a thing,you can not just smash the two together and say that your it,now yes all i'm arguing is the whole identifying thing,this is a biological woman,that's awesome,no one was robbed,however,to claim that she won something for the transgender community......when she's not even transgender,this women is litereally asking for people to harass,her because normal people,even in America do not hear or use Transgender-non binary as a single word,and will just assume that she was biologically male,and is now competing in women's spots,this is a really dumb way to try to get attention. There are people like Blaire white in this world people,who actually suffered gender dysphoria,and had to medicall change their body,who are essentially being mocked by what Hiltz is doing,as she takes all the praise,and support......by just proclaiming that she's trans,no work done,no suffering,just says it,i have a massive issue with that.,and that's all i really want to say on the topic.

I would agree that "transgender" and "non-binary" seem juxaposed to one another. I can definetly see non-binary identification as a potantial steeping stone to someone realizing their transgender identity, or not. Personally, I have no idea what Hiltz means by that terminology for it's worth.

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Scientifically speaking it’s impossible to not identify with either gender? Again, you’re either a male, or a female. You can’t switch genders, nor is transgender (or anything other than male/female) a real gender. 

Anyway, I’m not trying to argue about this all day long, it’s pretty pointless. I can understand that opinions on this subject matter vary and that’s perfectly fine. 

Edited by Josh