website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

48 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:ITA ended up being the big winners of session 1, winning three quotas. They have one more opportunity.

I'd say GB are pretty content. 2 in. 2 chances left and Ngamba essentially one of theirs now too (watch how she's 'claimed' now before Paris!)

3 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I'd say GB are pretty content. 2 in. 2 chances left and Ngamba essentially one of theirs now too (watch how she's 'claimed' now before Paris!)

That would make things awkward since GBR just qualified someone in women's middleweight. They would probably need to have a box-off while the other quota is returned.

11 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That would make things awkward since GBR just qualified someone in women's middleweight. They would probably need to have a box-off while the other quota is returned.

No, She'll fight for the refugee team. BBC will just make sure you know she's a multi time British champion!! Fans of Irish sport have some experience of this kind of 'adoption'!

15 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Of course, but as an Irish Olympics fan we understand all oo well this process of BBC adoption!

I thought that Andy Murray said it once he was British when he would win and Scottish when he would lose, but I guess it's a urban myth?

3 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

I thought that Andy Murray said it once he was British when he would win and Scottish when he would lose, but I guess it's a urban myth?

No - that's pretty much how it was for him during the early part of his career. It got a bit better after 2012 but he basically embodies the typical vision of a sour-faced Scotsman.