website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Crazy match between Rybakina and Blinkova. Disappointed Rybakina couldn't convert her match points. After great Brisbane she should have made at least semifinal here. That quarter of the draw is hilarious now. If Zheng really aspires to get far, she has a great chance here. 

Pegula losing early ain't surprising - losing to Burel is what is baffling a bit :d 

Gauff keeps getting cakewalks to semifinals and I can see Aryna losing her sh*t again in the semis against Coco :d But would love to see Iga spanking Swiatek yet again! With Rybakina being out, and Ostapenko being big IF as always, Iga could (should) make the final relatively easy. 

@Wanderer How exactly was Pegula’s early loss unsurprising to you? I get WTA is very inconsistent, but Pegula is one of the women who are very consistent at slams, she always advances past R3. For some context, I did some research, and out of Pegula’s last 8 grand slam results (dating back to Wimbledon 2021, she’s competed in every single slam since then) she’s 5/8 in quarterfinal appearances, and has never once failed to advance past R2 since then.

Edited by Josh

Sabalenka really wanted that double bagel. Actually Tsurenko somewhat acknowledged her at the net now that the war thing is common bread for most people outside of Ukraine.

She plays :USA Amanda Anisimova in R4 as the American beat :ESP Paula Badosa 7-5 6-4. Mind you, Anisimova leads the h2h 4-1! ;)

9 hours ago, Josh said:

@Wanderer How exactly was Pegula’s early loss unsurprising to you? I get WTA is very inconsistent, but Pegula is one of the women who are very consistent at slams, she always advances past R3. For some context, I did some research, and out of Pegula’s last 8 grand slam results (dating back to Wimbledon 2021, she’s competed in every single slam since then) she’s 5/8 in quarterfinal appearances, and has never once failed to advance past R2 since then.

If you watched Pegula's matches since the start of the year you would notice her on court demeanor. I mean, she is usually not a type of fist pumping-come on type of player, but gives vibes of bored Vondrousova. And let's not forget that Burel already had a big scalp on a GS beating Rybakina, fresh Wimbledon champion, at US Open 2022 as a qualifier before losing to Sabalenka in R3.

Overall more surprising is she lost to Burel, not that it was a second round