website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Also a :GER comp happened today and the only relevant results are Steven judge[I assume this is formerly Steven Richter]Throwing 60.72 which moves him up to 7 on the world list.And from the women Snanice craft who improves from a high 57 opener from her first comp to 61.36 today to move into the second position on the world list.Antonia Kinzel who was in the field finished in second with 60.08.  

Edited by Biathlonfan

31 minutes ago, Dragon said:

This is probably not the place to post this but I've just been told this story and I can't help myself.

Question - Why was there no marathon at the 1974 Asian Games despite there being one in 1970 and 1978?

Now, I am curious. Why ? :d

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Now, I am curious. Why ? :d

The Games were held in Teheran, Iran.

The leader of the country at the time, the Shah of Iran, objected to holding the marathon because the legend of the messenger running to Athens from the Battle of Marathon celebrated a Persian/Iranian military defeat.

Two more notable results to close out the meet.

:USA Grant Holloway with a new WL of 7.32* in the men’s 60m hurdles, and :ETH Lamecha Girma with a new WL of 4:51.23 in the men’s 2000m!

Edited by Josh

More discus updates,this time from :JAM.Fedrick Dacres And Chad Wright open the season with 64.49 and 64.25.But the biggest stunner is teammate Travis Smikle taking over the world lead with 67.57 and going past the qualfying mark for the olympics[his equal 3 best result ever].However he had an even greater start last year[A Pb]and it didn't amount to anything when it mattered,we'll see how it turns out for him in the olympic year.

Edited by Biathlonfan