website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

I'm not sure why we subbed in Boyle for Genest, hopefully Laurianne is ok. 

The plan has been done for Canada - 2 QOs have arrived, so there is nothing to get excited about. However, I`m worried about the poor form of the Italian women in the pursuit race - individually Balsamo and Consonni are in fantastic shape, but the team is not very well-coordinated :( With Great Britain, which focuses everything on the Olympics and its competitors only ride on the track, it1s difficult to win, but it`s already a worse time than France may be disturbing. France also has road racers and they are much less talented than the Italians. 

Edited by copravolley

14 minutes ago, james89 said:

I'm not sure why we subbed in Boyle for Genest, hopefully Laurianne is ok. 

Probably still a bit tipsy from all the Champagne.

(I really don't know how much the Canadian sprint team cares about the results this week-end now that they all qualified for the Olympics tbh)

11 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The plan has been done for Canada - 2 QOs have arrived, so there is nothing to get excited about.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Probably still a bit tipsy from all the Champagne.

(I really don't know how much the Canadian sprint team cares about the results this week-end now that they all qualified for the Olympics tbh)

Maybe if this wasn’t in Canada, but I disagree. Their families are probably there, they’ll want to be on the podium regardless of whether or not they’re going to be at the Olympics. Plus, getting some momentum heading into the summer would be huge. 

Canada's fastest time in the women's sprint was in qualifying and such a time would have given it a sure bronze medal in the finals. However, in the pursuit race they are simply weaker than Italy or France.

A good performance of the Dutch teamsprint. Unfortunately I don't see 'the old' Van den Berg improving towards the Games, so the start remains the weak spot of the team compared to Australia. But all by all 41.86 is a good time, but for gold in Paris it has to go a few tenths faster.