website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

You are probably in pretty safe hands there. Also, even in the unlikely case that we beat South Korea, I think we also have to win the final to qualify.

yes, you have to win the tournament...

but you know, once you beat the Koreans, the most difficult part of the task has been done

luckily, it looks it won't happen :fingers:

@phelps what was wrong with your guys ? :d did they try to lose intentionally ? I mean it looked like they are not moving on purpose to take the hit. I know nobody cares about 5th-8th places anymore but still that was weird.

or maybe they wanted to finish this ASAP to go watch the other piste between GER and KOR :d

On 11/13/2023 at 12:10 PM, Mecki83 said:

I fear that Germany will indeed miss the qualification and will be the only 6th placed nation in any weapon to miss the Olympics (I assume that they will pass Iran).
Perhaps a small chance, that Canada will miss Top16 so they could get a re-allocated place but that would require a total desaster for Canada in all remaining competitions (i.e. missing Top16) and good results for the other teams in this area....

Unfortunately my prediction was correct. :(

Just now, MHSN said:

@phelps what was wrong with your guys ? :d did they try to lose intentionally ? I mean it looked like they are not moving on purpose to take the hit. I know nobody cares about 5th-8th places anymore but still that was weird.

or maybe they wanted to finish this ASAP to go watch the other piste between GER and KOR :d

I don't know...

I guess they were just completely burnt out by the loss in the quarterfinals...and they knew that everything wasn't in their own hands anymore

they always have a really bad attitude, this is just another demonstration of it :bones:

by the way, now we know that :ITA are qualified thanks to the Korean success vs :GER in the semifinal round...we will have all the 6 teams like in Tokyo, hoping to get a different campaign than in the Japanese Capital

Italy needs to find someone 3 to Samele and Curatoli, because Torre failed the match against the USA today. In my opinion, Berre should be in the team - he is an experienced player who has already won team silver at the Olympic Games in Tokyo. Unfortunately, while our foil and epee teams look good, unfortunately our saber teams are not competitive. This was already visible at the last World Championships. The most important thing, however, is that all teams managed to advance to Paris.

5 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Unfortunately my prediction was correct. :(

What is the reason for the fencing crisis in Germany? This is probably the first time in many years that no German team will go to the Olympics. This sport is becoming less and less popular in your country, or is it because of less financial support?

7 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Italy needs to find someone 3 to Samele and Curatoli, because Torre failed the match against the USA today. In my opinion, Berre should be in the team - he is an experienced player who has already won team silver at the Olympic Games in Tokyo. Unfortunately, while our foil and epee teams look good, unfortunately our saber teams are not competitive. This was already visible at the last World Championships. The most important thing, however, is that all teams managed to advance to Paris.

no way!

it must be Gallo, Torre and Cavaliere

they're the future of our Sabre and they must grow through some mistakes, Berrè is boiled