website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, Cobi said:

I just did the maths and I think Gkountoura already secured the Greek spot, even if she loses in the round of 64 and Gkountoura takes the gold medal. Currently Georgiadou has 148 points instead of 154 and Gkountoura 174.

Georgiadou really deserves to go to the Olympics, she was incredible during this Olympic cycle, winning medals at both World Championships that took place as well as other big events. So, so sad :cry:

1 hour ago, Cobi said:

Unless I'm missing something, :JPN is safe to get the Asian quota, :ITA the European, :USA the American and :ALG the African, so the only chance of having the Repechage quota between :BUL:ESP:AZE is if :ALG misses the Top 16, and that does not seem very likely at the moment.

Looks like my math was wrong and i was prematurely celebrating :nopompom: The other thing could be Korea out of top 4. 

Do you know what is the difference between Korea and Italy and if they could fall out of top 4? And vice-versa between Italy and Bulgaria and do we have a chance to pass them? And i know the worse result should be excluded from the final score, but what are they for these teams?

Edited by Federer91

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Looks like my math was wrong and i was prematurely celebrating :nopompom: The other thing could be Korea out of top 4. 

Do you know what is the difference between Korea and Italy and if they could fall out of top 4? And vice-versa between Italy and Bulgaria and do we have a chance to pass them? And i know the worse result should be excluded from the final score, but what are they for these teams?

Yes, you can still pass Italy, but it's difficult. You need gold and :ITA 6th place or worse

1 hour ago, Cobi said:

Unless I'm missing something, :JPN is safe to get the Asian quota, :ITA the European, :USA the American and :ALG the African, so the only chance of having the Repechage quota between :BUL:ESP:AZE is if :ALG misses the Top 16, and that does not seem very likely at the moment.

yes, you're right :yes

I completely removed the fact that now there's a Pan-Am qualifier (:USA), so, there's no place for the repechage spot :facepalm:

unless, as you wrote, :ALG drops out of the Top 16 (unlikely, but mathematically still possible if they don't make the top 16 in the last OQT: at that point, :MEX making the Top 16 and :HKG finishing at least 14th would kill :ALG's dream of going to Paris)

however, :BUL still have a marginal chance to overtake :ITA: they need to win the last OQT and hope that :ITA end up 8th or worse

21 minutes ago, Cobi said:

It is finished for :UKR. You are already qualified, congrats!

That also means that Martín-Portugués :ESP and Gkountoura :GRE secure the individual spots, even though :ESP still has a very small chance to qualify as a team.

Thank you, but I afraid we are still not there ((

We had very bad result at the European Games, thus our really worst result (25 points) in non-doscardable ((

Ranking con tutti i risultati   Ranking senza il peggior risultato   Scarti potenziali
# Sciabola femminile Totale   # Sciabola femminile Totale   # Sciabola femminile Scarto
1 FRANCIA 373   1 FRANCIA 348   1 FRANCIA 25
2 UNGHERIA 304   2 UNGHERIA 276   2 UNGHERIA 28
3 COREA DEL SUD 291   3 COREA DEL SUD 270   3 COREA DEL SUD 21
4 UCRAINA 281   4 UCRAINA 249   4 UCRAINA 32
5 USA 258   5 USA 232   5 USA 26
6 ITALIA 250   6 ITALIA 224   6 ITALIA 26
7 BULGARIA 212   7 BULGARIA 190   7 BULGARIA 22
8 GIAPPONE 206   8 GIAPPONE 185   8 GIAPPONE 21
9 SPAGNA 197   9 SPAGNA 174   9 SPAGNA 23
10 AZERBAIGIAN 194   10 AZERBAIGIAN 170   10 AZERBAIGIAN 24
11 CINA 175   11 CINA 156   11 CINA 19
12 POLONIA 156   12 GRECIA 142   12 GRECIA 0
13 GERMANIA 147   13 GERMANIA 139   13 GERMANIA 8
14 GRECIA 142   14 POLONIA 126   14 POLONIA 20
15 ALGERIA 134   15 ALGERIA 126   15 ALGERIA 8
16 HONG KONG CINA 123   16 MESSICO 121   16 MESSICO 0

1 minute ago, phelps said:

yes, you're right :yes

I completely removed the fact that now there's a Pan-Am qualifier (:USA), so, there's no place for the repechage spot :facepalm:

unless, as you wrote, :ALG drops out of the Top 16 (unlikely, but mathematically still possible if they don't make the top 16 in the last OQT: at that point, :MEX making the Top 16 and :HKG finishing at least 14th would kill :ALG's dream of going to Paris)

however, :BUL still have a marginal chance to overtake :ITA: they need to win the last OQT and hope that :ITA end up 8th or worse

I think there is another very unlikely scenario in which :USA takes the gold medal, :UKR silver and :KOR and :MEX loss their first match. If this happens, :KOR drops out of top4 and takes the Asian spot, :MEX does not make it to Top16 and can't take the Pan-Am spot and we would have a repechage spot between :JPN:BUL:ESP:AZE. But as I said, very difficult to happen.

@Federer91 Unfortunately, I think the situation is not easy for :BUL because there is no way :ITA finishes ahead of :KOR.

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

the best chance for :BUL is :ALG to drop out of the top 16, I fear

there's only a small (almost impossible) theoretical chance to overtake :ITA but I wouldn't count on that

:KOR are safe in the top 4, actually :FRA:HUN:KOR:UKR:USA are mathematically qualified to the Olympic Games

:JPN still have to defend a 31-point margin over :CHN for the Asian spot (if :CHN win the last OQT, then :JPN need at least the 9th place...and a win is the only option for :CHN to keep their hope alive)