website statistics

What Sports You will Add if Your Country Hosts Olympic Games

El Analyzer

I am going to take a different slant on it and not worry about what Ireland would add if we hosted. Instead I want to selfishly select what I want instead :d

These choices are based on the assumption that squash and baseball/softball are already in because I would certainly have those in my list (I liked watching baseball and softball in Tokyo).

1. Darts

2. Bowls

3. Snooker

4. Tug-of-war (Ireland would probably add this sport if we had host picks)

5. Cricket T20 (this choice is less selfish, not a fan of cricket but I think it deserves to be there)

In addition I would like to add a team event in golf and reinstate all the track cycling events that were kicked off the Olympic programme in recent editions. And of course reinstate the men's 50km walk.

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Right, if we can also add disciplines/events instead of whole sports, marathon speed skating and cyclocross would be good choices indeed. Even better: kick out the mass start and replace it with the marathon :cheer: 

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that cyclo-cross, cross country running, winter triathlon and even indoor athletics and short course swimming could, in theory, make the winter Olympics, adding an element of "sports protected from the elements" to Sports played in specific elements. 

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I am going to take a different slant on it and not worry about what Ireland would add if we hosted. Instead I want to selfishly select what I want instead :d

These choices are based on the assumption that squash and baseball/softball are already in because I would certainly have those in my list (I liked watching baseball and softball in Tokyo).

1. Darts

2. Bowls

3. Snooker

4. Tug-of-war (Ireland would probably add this sport if we had host picks)

5. Cricket T20 (this choice is less selfish, not a fan of cricket but I think it deserves to be there)

In addition I would like to add a team event in golf and reinstate all the track cycling events that were kicked off the Olympic programme in recent editions. And of course reinstate the men's 50km walk.

Interesting picks - despite their image outside the British isles and the low countries, to me snooker, billiards and arts are perfectly respectable sports as sports - objective physical skill and plain competition - in a sense, darts is to archery and snooker is to golf as table tennis is to tennis.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

4. Badminton - men's triples, women's triples, men's team, women's team, mixed team, mixed team relay, super mixed team, beach Badminton, water Badminton, Badminton on grass, Badminton on clay, Badminton on asphalt, badminton played on a speed climbing wall, badminton played on a pancake silat mat with contact allowed...

How am I doing @Griff88:p

Aren't you aware how bad Indonesian badminton fared in Hangzhou :p All these fans are creating a ruckus :lol:

What @Fly_like_a_donsuggest is exactly in the head of the local officials. I'd say the judging in pencak silat (both artistic and combat) is not a good thing to show internationally. As much as I love wushu, I'll avoid adding more sports that involve judges.

If I am the organizer, I will add:

1. Sepaktakraw

2. Roller skating (esp. slalom)

3. Bowling