website statistics

The biggest Paris 2024 medal chances for NOCs where users are not very active here :-)

8 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Can we do Pakistan... It is a country I follow closely 

First qualification and then medal hopes

Pakistan is not in Tripartite Commission so no wild cards this time except in athletics and swimming
Qualification
Athletics - 3. Arshad Nadeem (already qualified) and Muhammad Yasir in javelin throw. One additional quota for female athlete

Swimming - 2 wild card entries

Judo - 0. Two time Olympian Shah Hussain Shah is injured and hasn't participated in this Olympic cycle.
Hockey - 0. With Olympic qualifiers being moved from Pakistan to Oman, its highly unlikely they can qualify
Equestrian - 1. Usman Khan has virtually qualified from Group F in eventing. He shall qualify if he attains MER till next year
Shooting - 3. Gulfam Joseph and Ghulam Bashir already qualified. Kishmala Talat came close in World Championships
Wrestling/Weightlifting - 0

So team size - 9

Expected medalists
Arshad Nadeem - Silver/Bronze. If he remains fit and has a good season he could be a huge medal contender

Shooters are also a medal contender if they have a decent day

Thank you @Siddhartha Talukdar for this post!!!

Maybe it's a good idea, i don't need to choose the NOC. If anyone wants to write about any NOC (other that the ones we often read here about) just do it!!!

Edited by rafalgorka

6 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

First qualification and then medal hopes

Pakistan is not in Tripartite Commission so no wild cards this time except in athletics and swimming
Qualification
Athletics - 3. Arshad Nadeem (already qualified) and Muhammad Yasir in javelin throw. One additional quota for female athlete

Swimming - 2 wild card entries

Judo - 0. Two time Olympian Shah Hussain Shah is injured and hasn't participated in this Olympic cycle.
Hockey - 0. With Olympic qualifiers being moved from Pakistan to Oman, its highly unlikely they can qualify
Equestrian - 1. Usman Khan has virtually qualified from Group F in eventing. He shall qualify if he attains MER till next year
Shooting - 3. Gulfam Joseph and Ghulam Bashir already qualified. Kishmala Talat came close in World Championships
Wrestling/Weightlifting - 0

So team size - 9

Expected medalists
Arshad Nadeem - Silver/Bronze. If he remains fit and has a good season he could be a huge medal contender

Shooters are also a medal contender if they have a decent day

Well covered sidhartha....  I do think talha talib and dastagir butt were good weightlifters..... but i do think both have some doping issues so i do not know what is thier status... 

Would like to just add watching 🇵🇰 fall in sports  sad..... The country is economic shambles, corrupt sports administration has pulled Pakistan down . ... This was a country which was head to head with India for example in 1962 Asian Games Pakistan and india both had around 30 medals and were 3-4 on medal table.... 

Now we had 107 medals and Pakistan 3 ..... Sad to see.... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

When Nadeem got his medal in javelin in Budapest 2023 athletics WCH, he was the only one who didn't get a natonal flag from his buddies to cherish the moment with. It was so sad to look at this. It wasn't a totally unexpected medal tbh, so why didn't they prepare sth for him??? We were sitting very close to the javelin inrun, so if we only have green pencils and a piece of white material, we would make it for him. Sad.

Edited by rafalgorka

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Well covered sidhartha....  I do think talha talib and dastagir butt were good weightlifters..... but i do think both have some doping issues so i do not know what is thier status... 

Would like to just add watching 🇵🇰 fall in sports  sad..... The country is economic shambles, corrupt sports administration has pulled Pakistan down . ... This was a country which was head to head with India for example in 1962 Asian Games Pakistan and india both had around 30 medals and were 3-4 on medal table.... 

Now we had 107 medals and Pakistan 3 ..... Sad to see.... 

Talha Talib has been banned by IWF for doping. Dastagir Butt was caught in midst in fighting between two factions who claim to be rightful weightlifting federation and thus he couldn't represent Pakistan in international tournaments including Asian Games.

Shah Hussain Shah is injured and is reluctant to play in any tournaments anymore and their second judoka Qaiser Afridi is now settled in UK.

Their most decorated wrestler Inam Butt now mainly competes in Beach wrestling.

But what baffles me is that 12 Pakistani athletes had got scholarship from Olympics, so why aren't they improving

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

:SUI

I predicted only one gold for them:

Martin Dougoud in CANOE SLALOM - M Kayak Cross - but it's nothing close to certain, a new crazy event with very random results possible. Dougoud was 3rd in 2023 WCH though

:SUI have quite a good number of medal chances, even for gold 

- Rowing (M2-, LM2X and maybe more)

- Shooting (men's AP Jason Solari, women's Rifle events Nina Christen, Audrey Gogniat, men's 3-position Rifle Christoph Duerr...just to name those already qualified, but they will add more for sure)

- Beach Volley (women)

- Sailing (women's ILCA 6 Maud Jayet, men's 49er Schneiter/Planta)

- Swimming (men's 200m back Roman Mityukov, men's 100m fly Noè Ponti, men's 200m IM Jeremy Desplanches)

- Road Cycling (both ITT, Marlene Reusser and Stefan Kung, maybe even the women's Road Race)

- MTB (both races, basically any rider they choose)

- Freestyle BMX (women, Nikita Ducarroz)

- BMX racing (women, Zoè Classens...and maybe more; men, the full team)

- Judo (men's -73kg, Nils Stump...and maybe more)

- Slalom Canoeing (Martin Dougoud has some chances also in the M K1)

- Athletics (men's LJ, Simon Ehammer)

- Fencing (men and women's Epee)

- Equestrian Sports (Show Jumping, team and individual competitions)

and I'm sure I forgot something :mumble:

:AUT

My predictions (early version, October 2023) were:

1-1-4---6

GOLD

Jakob Schubert - SPORT CLIMBING M Boulder/Lead

SILVER

Anna-Maria Alexandri, Eirini-Marina Alexandri AUT - ARTISTIC SWIMMING Duets

BRONZE

Mona Mitterwallner - CYCLING MTB W Cross-Country

Michaela Polleres - JUDO W -70kg

Alexander Schmirl - SHOOTING M 50m Rifle 3 Positions