website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I'm just gonna leave this here

a-bola-2024-02-13-c037dbd0.jpg

o-jogo-2024-02-13-02194f8b.jpg

Swimming is my favourite sport since forever, i have been following this sport since the amazing Sydney 2000 games and the great Ian Thorpe, and have even went to Budapest in 2017 only to be able to watch a WC live for the first time, and, with the poor support and attention this sport has in my country, I never thought I could live to see the day my anthem would play in the World Championship.

No words for what happened yesterday. :POR :POR :POR :POR :POR 

Not too eventful of a day today.

Great seeing Rapsys getting a medal.

Didn't expect the men's 100m Backstroke to be that close at the end but that was a nice race by Gonzalez to challenge Armstrong.

Shame that Chmielewski got DQ'd. Would've been amazing seeing both twins getting a medal.

Another monster swim by Tang Qianting. Could possibly contend for gold in Paris at this rate.

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

Swimming is my favourite sport since forever, i have been following this sport since the amazing Sydney 2000 games and the great Ian Thorpe, and have even went to Budapest in 2017 only to be able to watch a WC live for the first time, and, with the poor support and attention this sport has in my country, I never thought I could live to see the day my anthem would play in the World Championship.

Congratulations. Hopefully he can improve in his other events. Perhaps he can be a medal threat at the Olympics this year or even in 2028.

Nice to see :GRE Christou winning bronze in the men's 100 backstroke. Sure it's a weak year, but in 2022 he had the CR in the semifinals and then was a disappointing 5th in the final, so it's nice he finally got his medal :yes

Also good for :GRE Makrygiannis finishing 4th with another PR! His progress stalled the last few years, but now he seems to be on the right path again :cool: