website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

41 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yes, but as there was no European Olympic qualifier (as France qualified a team and duet as hosts) I’m pretty sure Spain’s quota would get reallocated to Canada should they qualify a team. 

So, go :ESP :cheer:

Didn't Austria's qualification as European Games winners represent the continental quota in the duet, Josh?

8 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Didn't Austria's qualification as European Games winners represent the continental quota in the duet, Josh?

I think they were referring to the fact that there was no continental quota for Europe in the team event as opposed to continental quota for the duet which as you say went to Austria. 

Edited by Rafa Maciel

9 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Yup, you’re right. I completely forgot about Austria’s duet quota at the European Games :facepalm:

My point still stands though.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Duet Olympic Qualification After 2/2 Events:

:GBR 506.8227

:NED 502.3612

:ESP 501.0251 (Still eligible for a team quota)

:CAN 486.2096 (Still eligible for a team quota)

:ITA 483.9390 (Still eligible for a team quota)

:GRE 482.6918 (Still eligible for a team quota)

:ISR 479.7140 (Still eligible for a team quota)

:KOR 418.1646

Quotas: :ESP:GBR:NED

And the first ever medal for :NED in artistic swimming at a World Championship! :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me why our Olympic committee and aquatics federation posted on their official social media pages that we qualified in the duet? Some Greek sports sites took the story and ran with it too...

Perhaps they didn't notice Italy successfully appealed their duet score (thus surpassing us) and/or maybe they have insider information (for example, is New Zealand going to reject their quota as they did for Rio and Tokyo?)

Regardless, it's very unprofessional for them to not wait until tomorrow when it's official, and it'll be even more embarrassing if it was their mistake and Ukraine ends up knocking one of Canada/Italy out of team qualification and then we don't end up qualifying the duet after we prematurely celebrated :facepalm:

Edited by Makedonas

13 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Perhaps they didn't notice Italy successfully appealed their duet score (thus surpassing us) and/or maybe they have insider information (for example, is New Zealand going to reject their quota as they did for Rio and Tokyo?)

New Zealand have changed their selection policy for Paris to allow a duet to be selected if they believe that they are capable of a top 8 finish in Los Angeles '28. Not sure if it will make any difference to their decision though. 

58 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Thanks @Rafa Maciel

Any news on South Africa accepting their quota? They DNS in Doha.

Also I didn't notice until now that only 18 duets are going to Paris, whereas it was 22 in Tokyo and 24 prior to that.

Italian television (RAI) said that South Africa rejected the quota