website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 & 2) Not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you saying that Rheinmetall creating jobs in Hungary is a loss for Hungary (or for Germany)?

Rheinmetall is profiting (better margin) and Hungary as well (more jobs), the german public not so much (less jobs).

3) Not sure about the point you are trying to make. I am perfectly fine with Hungary not taking in any migrants. While you are at it you should just stop them from traveling through your country to other EU countries. I guess Putin wouldn't be happy about that, so not sure how realistic that is.

4) https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

5) I guess you could do what basically all other countries that used to be dependant on russian gas did ...

I don't blame Hungary for doing this (Germany for example made the same "mistake"), but obviously Hungary remaining dependant on russian gas (and therefore making it easy for Puting to "blackmail" them) isn't in the best interest of other EU countries. Maybe they raised the transit fee to force you to go away from russian gas, who knows ...

1-2: Hungarians work for a little money and the profit of their work goes away! Is it good to us? No, I do not speak about one company! I speak about thausands of companies!

3: You wrote what an eu tax payer has every right to know! Yes. I wrote what else has every  right to know! There are many more things.

4: 2021? In 2023 many things come from Russia! It seems only the Hungarian gas supply is problem!

5: Hungary is a landlock country! You can supply Hungary only with pipes! Do you have any other solutions?

21 minutes ago, lapaj said:

1-2: Hungarians work for a little money and the profit of their work goes away! Is it good to us? No, I do not speak about one company! I speak about thausands of companies!

3: You wrote what an eu tax payer has every right to know! Yes. I wrote what else has every  right to know! There are many more things.

4: 2021? In 2023 many things come from Russia! It seems only the Hungarian gas supply is problem!

5: Hungary is a landlock country! You can supply Hungary only with pipes! Do you have any other solutions?

1 & 2) That is capitalism. Please tell me why Orban wants those companies in Hungary if he himself/Hungary doesn't profit from it?

3) No clue what you mean.

4) No clue what you mean.

5) There are other forms of energy & there are other landlocked countries that don't rely on russian gas & there are other countries that export gas through pipelines (for example Azerbaijan).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

1 & 2) That is capitalism. Please tell me why Orban wants those companies in Hungary if he himself/Hungary doesn't profit from it?

3) No clue what you mean.

4) No clue what you mean.

5) There are other forms of energy & there are other landlocked countries that don't rely on russian gas & there are other countries that export gas through pipelines (for example Azerbaijan).

1: The whole story started in 1988 in Hungary! In the ex eastern block countries did not have pirvate properties only state properties! And the capitalists came and bought! Especially their rival companies! And the commies were very kind with them! 

I am not Orban's spokesman I do not know (and I do not care too much) what he thinks about the privatization. But the capitalists are not good samaritanians!

If you said those companies brought technologies to Hungary I would accept it! But no!

3: " Personally i think that western european tax payers have every right to be pissed about Orban using their money to enrich himself."

"Agree! And the tax payers have every right to know how much money is spent to the migrants! How many of them are able to work?"

No clue?

4: Right! I answered to your fifth point!

5: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=File:Product_groups_with_the_highest_share_for_Russia_in_EU_exports_upd_May_2023.png

These things hurt you too? Or Russian gas in other ships is acceptable in the EU?

Hungary and Romania with Georgia and Azerbaijan plans this green energy line (2022 december):

The EU welcomed the diverzifiation but do not give money !

Clipboard02-2.jpg

Edited by lapaj

2 hours ago, lapaj said:

You can supply landlocked countries with LNG gas via river vessels via Danube :whistle: You can also produce green hydrogen gas to replace natural gas no matter if you locked or not :whistle: You can also utilise European network links to transport natural gas of non-Russian origin from almost any port in EU :whistle:

Let's not even pretend for even a second that any country in Europe nowadays is still solely reliable on Russia for natural gas supply, unless of course it is by choice :rolleyes: 

10 minutes ago, Bearas said:

You can supply landlocked countries with LNG gas via river vessels via Danube :whistle: You can also produce green hydrogen gas to replace natural gas no matter if you locked or not :whistle: You can also utilise European network links to transport natural gas of non-Russian origin from almost any port in EU :whistle:

Let's not even pretend for even a second that any country in Europe nowadays is still solely reliable on Russia for natural gas supply, unless of course it is by choice :rolleyes: 

We had to get ready to give up our supply line from a day to another?  Because it  is about a year old discussion! And invest many and many money to another line to buy more expensive gas? How many tankers are on the Danube? Green hydrogen? Hungary import elecricity! So that we should import much more! One day to the next?

And I wrote Ukraine and Croatia rised brutally the transit fee this year! We should be flexible to depend from more countries?

But that's true Hungary did not so much to diversify its supply in the last 30 years!

Why is it the only problem? Why do not you curse those countries who buy Russian gas from India or other asian countries? What a hypocricy of this!

And other product can go into the EU from Russia?

Again:

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=File:Product_groups_with_the_highest_share_for_Russia_in_EU_exports_upd_May_2023.png

1 hour ago, lapaj said:

1: The whole story started in 1988 in Hungary! In the ex eastern block countries did not have pirvate properties only state properties! And the capitalists came and bought! Especially their rival companies! And the commies were very kind with them! 

I am not Orban's spokesman I do not know (and I do not care too much) what he thinks about the privatization. But the capitalists are not good samaritanians!

If you said those companies brought technologies to Hungary I would accept it! But no!

3: " Personally i think that western european tax payers have every right to be pissed about Orban using their money to enrich himself."

"Agree! And the tax payers have every right to know how much money is spent to the migrants! How many of them are able to work?"

No clue?

4: Right! I answered to your fifth point!

5: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=File:Product_groups_with_the_highest_share_for_Russia_in_EU_exports_upd_May_2023.png

These things hurt you too? Or Russian gas in other ships is acceptable in the EU?

Hungary and Romania with Georgia and Azerbaijan plans this green energy line (2022 december):

The EU welcomed the diverzifiation but do not give money !

Clipboard02-2.jpg

1) Don't get the point you are trying to make. As far as i know hungarian people aren't forced to work for foreign companies in their country, so at least for those people it is good news that those companies invested in Hungary instead of Germany for example.

3) Still no clue. Are you talking about migrants in Hungary or other EU countries?

4) Still no clue what your point is.

5) I don't blame Hungary for using russian gas, my whole point was that a) this helps Hungary saving money (which for example allows them to spend more on other things like sport) and b) it isn't good for the EU that Hungary can easily be blackmailed by Russia into sabotaging anything the EU plans to do.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

20 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Don't get the point you are trying to make. As far as i know hungarian people aren't forced to work for foreign companies in their country, so at least for those people it is good news that those companies invested in Hungary instead of Germany for example.

3) Still no clue. Are you talking about migrants in Hungary or other EU countries?

4) Still no clue what your point is.

5) I don't blame Hungary for using russian gas, my whole point was that a) this helps Hungary saving money (which for example allows them to spend more on other things like sport) and b) it isn't good for the EU that Hungary can easily be blackmailed by Russia into sabotaging anything the EU plans to do.

1: To those employees are surely good but to the country is not good!

3: In general.

5: Is this capitalism? How dare we save money to buy cheaper gas? I understand the moral side of this question, but Hungary is a poor country ( see 1:). So if we suck this is capitalism, but if something is good to Hungary we are blamed! Blackmailing with what? The EU is blackmailing Hungary! With money, with Erasmus prorgamme, or this:

https://www.politico.eu/article/suspend-hungary-eu-presidency-sanction-precaution/

Edited by lapaj

New wildfires in Greece, of course these wildfires didn't hit houses of celebrities in Hollywood at all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66574476

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!