website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Death toll has now passed 15,000 people :cry:

And it's not like the numbers are growing any slower....yesterday morning I woke up, it was around 8000, and I thought it'd reach 10.000 by the end of the day. It got there by lunch :( 

I really wish it would stop growing, but if it keeps going like this it'll be way above 20.000 not as final tally, but by the end of today. And that's all barely even counting most parts of Syria, where especially in the Assad-held regions tons and tons and tons of help is basically just being blocked.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some documentaries i found interesting (Not sure if geo-blocked) (Maybe other people will find them interesting as well, they are all in english):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV0JJQJ-eBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DKIQpu4hhQ

The last two videos are age-restricted.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

One of the of the Hungarian rescuing team right after rescuing a 5 years old little girl. As he said:  after 10 hours of struggeling with lack of equipment, after they were ordered to leave the sceen

https://www.facebook.com/andras.novak.16/videos/625784712620401/?t=57

This man has after more than 50 international missions!

Edited by lapaj

First of all im alive with broken heart .I lost a lot of friends . I dont know exact number.

There are 12000 buildings collapsed. This region has one of the highest birth rates in Turkey. Estimated number of people trapped is 200000. Official number was 18000 deaths but unofficial figures was 60-70k at 99 izmit . 
Every Turkish people thinks it will be around 80-100k deaths. We dont know whether they count refugees in numbers or not, 700k syrian refugees live in hatay province alone. 
Every expert warned the government and people for a long time about this region. According to them next big one is Istanbul and marmara region where 25 million live and economic heartland of Turkey. I hope something will change in my country.

11 minutes ago, donerkebab said:

First of all im alive with broken heart .I lost a lot of friends . I dont know exact number.

There are 12000 buildings collapsed. This region has one of the highest birth rates in Turkey. Estimated number of people trapped is 200000. Official number was 18000 deaths but unofficial figures was 60-70k at 99 izmit . 
Every Turkish people thinks it will be around 80-100k deaths. We dont know whether they count refugees in numbers or not, 700k syrian refugees live in hatay province alone. 
Every expert warned the government and people for a long time about this region. According to them next big one is Istanbul and marmara region where 25 million live and economic heartland of Turkey. I hope something will change in my country.

I wish the best of luck for you, your family, your friends and your country. that's all I can say :( this is an unbelievable disaster , watching the news (which we do closely here) is really heartbreaking.

28 minutes ago, donerkebab said:

We all send you a lot of love and moral support to you and your country. It is really sad what happened. Sometime I really wish we can have the power to turn back time and change things :(

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Swimming ladies and Gentlemen, as you can see at first sight :lol:

image.png

Are you really sure this is not water knitting?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!