website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

I think they reallocated it the quota to CAN for being the best eligible crew at last years World Champs.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:CUB and :GUA qualify men;s recurve teams and :ECU , :ESA ,  :GUY and :VEN qualify individual spots.  

Great result for Guyana, I believe it will eb their debut at this sport. However, it will be a mess to determine the last qualifier in men's recurve: as per the qualification system that quota should be awarded to the best unqualified NOC that finishes in the top 8 at CAC Games in June.

I doubt any NOC different from the one's already qualified could advance to that instance, so the quota should be reallocated to the best finisher in this tournament.

However, according to current World Archery rules, every archer that loses in1/8 round is placed equal 9th; so which NOC will get the final quota is a mistery.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Great result for Guyana, I believe it will eb their debut at this sport. However, it will be a mess to determine the last qualifier in men's recurve: as per the qualification system that quota should be awarded to the best unqualified NOC that finishes in the top 8 at CAC Games in June.

I doubt any NOC different from the one's already qualified could advance to that instance, so the quota should be reallocated to the best finisher in this tournament.

However, according to current World Archery rules, every archer that loses in1/8 round is placed equal 9th; so which NOC will get the final quota is a mistery.

they could have a 9th place playoff bracket (like they did at the world champs in the past)...;)

Quotas in Archery:

Recurve Men Team: :CUB  :GUA 

Recurve Men Individual: :CUB (x3) :GUA (x3) :ECU (x1) :ESA (x1) :GUY (x1) :VEN (x1)

Recurve Women Team: :CUB  :VEN  

Recurve Women Individual: :CUB (x3) :VEN (x3) :ARG (x1) :ECU (x1) :ESA (x1) :GUA (x1) :PUR (x1)

Compound Men Individual: :BRA (x1)

Compound Women Individual: :PUR (x1)

As in men's, last quota in women's individual recurve should be awarded to the best unqualified NOC that finishes in the top 8 at CAC Games; however there's little chance that a different NOC from the ones already qualified grabs the spot, so in this case, this quota should revert to :DOM 

Edited by mrv86

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

:GUY had a great day, so very happy to see them snag a quota. :DOM:PER are probably the two “big losers” on the men’s side. I think their guys have the requisite level, but just didn’t put it together today.

Curious that Schoon :CUW was allowed to take part in the qualification tournament. My guess would be that he might allowed to represent :ARU at the Pan American Games, like what happened with the Curaçao guy in Karate last time. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I don’t know if anyone else noticed as well, but the archery qualification document also lists men’s team compound and women’s team compound as events now. I believe there will only be five entries per event though :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela