website statistics

Canada at the 2023 WA World Aquatics Championships

8 minutes ago, james89 said:

Why did we put McIntosh in the relay for her to go 54.99 - well done to McNeil who was the only one who seemed to post a decent time.

What was the other option?  I think they expected Summer to be on fire at the meet.  

Just now, Topicmaster1010 said:

Well MacNeil advanced and looked great overall. Then it went downhill after that 

The mens 4x100m relay was a highlight too - no medal, but they looked strong. I'm curious if we'll ever see Kahurn on that relay. 

I will say that the one good thing to come from the 400 free is that this is the first rough swim for Summer. The adversity had to come at some point. Better to happen now than at the Olympics. Hopefully, it doesn't affect her too much and she can have a great rest of the championships.

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I will say that the one good thing to come from the 400 free is that this is the first rough swim for Summer. The adversity had to come at some point. Better to happen now than at the Olympics. Hopefully, it doesn't affect her too much and she can have a great rest of the championships.

I think about Sjostrom and Hosszu who has so much pressure at the 2012 Olympics coming in as favourites and hopefully this can get those jitters out.