website statistics

Men's American Football NFL 2019

Gianlu33

22 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Normal workout by NFL standards? :finger: How many other players have been granted a special workout by the league before? (I'm not talking teams). NFL only does this at draft combine and nobody has enjoyed this kind of privilege other than Kaep. I didn't need this media show to know he wants to be a martyr and doesn't want to play football anymore. Don't take my word for it because I know what you think about Polish people but how about some black folks? Jason Whitlock has been ripping him for some time and now Stephen A. Smith has seen the light too.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1195866091068764160

Sure, no other players have been granted special workouts, but Kapernick didn’t go to that one anyways :p. He played the NFL well, and you can’t blame him for being smarter than them.

As for Stephen A. Smith, intelligence left him long ago. Like me, all he likes to do is argue. There’s often no reason to his arguments, and they often carry very little weight in the grand scheme of things. 

The NFL would be better off giving Kaepernick a place. They’d make a good profit off it, and attract part of a lost fan base back.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sure, no other players have been granted special workouts, but Kapernick didn’t go to that one anyways :p. He played the NFL well, and you can’t blame him for being smarter than them.

As for Stephen A. Smith, intelligence left him long ago. Like me, all he likes to do is argue. There’s often no reason to his arguments, and they often carry very little weight in the grand scheme of things. 

The NFL would be better off giving Kaepernick a place. They’d make a good profit off it, and attract part of a lost fan base back.

You're only as good as your last game and last time he played, he got benched for Blaine fuckin Gabbert.

Kaep is an unrestricted free agent. Any team can sign him up like right now without the media circus. NFL ain't gonna tell anyone who they should sign or not though. The numbers seem to be doing more than alright without Kaep in the league. He only attracts those social media martyrs and not genuine NFL fans IMO so there is little lost fanbase as you call it.

Btw, his agent said only 8 teams attended the high school workout. Since 25 were on-site at the Falcons place, guess the other 17 simply bailed out on the high school circus? :p

Yeah, I realize you know better who journalists are based on comparing Murdoch to Hitler so I guess you don't consider Smith a journalist either. What's your knock on Whitlock so I get the whole picture? :mumble:

Just now, Monzanator said:

You're only as good as your last game and last time he played, he got benched for Blaine fuckin Gabbert.

Kaep is an unrestricted free agent. Any team can sign him up like right now without the media circus. NFL ain't gonna tell anyone who they should sign or not though. The numbers seem to be doing more than alright without Kaep in the league. He only attracts those social media martyrs and not genuine NFL fans IMO so there is little lost fanbase as you call it.

Btw, his agent said only 8 teams attended the high school workout. Since 25 were on-site at the Falcons place, guess the other 17 simply bailed out on the high school circus? :p

Yeah, I realize you know better who journalists are based on comparing Murdoch to Hitler so I guess you don't consider Smith a journalist either. What's your knock on Whitlock so I get the whole picture? :mumble:

Never heard of that Whitlock guy. I follow very little American Football because it’s not my cup of tea. I only know Stephen Smith from some of his other outlandish arguments.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Never heard of that Whitlock guy. I follow very little American Football because it’s not my cup of tea. I only know Stephen Smith from some of his other outlandish arguments.

So you're basically another of these martyrs who don't care about football but wants nothing but politics in sports. It's flat out sad.

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

So you're basically another of these martyrs who don't care about football but wants nothing but politics in sports. It's flat out sad.

Oh god no, absolutely not. Professional sports aren’t really my thing. I’m also not big on most team sports, so I generally only know a few experts/commentators within those sports.

I think there are times when sport needs to get political, and times when it needs to be anything but. American Football needs change in my opinion. 

I think we need to stop arguing for a while because it’s clear that we can’t do it in a healthy way where we don’t constantly insult each other.

40 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh god no, absolutely not. Professional sports aren’t really my thing. I’m also not big on most team sports, so I generally only know a few experts/commentators within those sports.

I think there are times when sport needs to get political, and times when it needs to be anything but. American Football needs change in my opinion. 

I think we need to stop arguing for a while because it’s clear that we can’t do it in a healthy way where we don’t constantly insult each other.

It's a sporting forum, I'm trying to talk sports. You support Kaep but then say you follow very little football so I'm lost. I'm gonna start with basics, have you actually watched him PLAY a single game? And I don't mean running 100+ yds on 15-1 Green Bay Packers or Super Bowl XLVII because that Kaep is gone and won't return in 2019 and beyond. Moreover it sure sounds like you don't even know who Blaine Gabbert is? :mumble:  So yeah, all politics and zero actual sporting substance.

And I absolutely hate when politics gets involved in sports. There's enough politics in other aspects of life to leave sport out of this. And I mean everything, from Tibet flags during OG to MAGA labels from Santino Ferrucci (race car driver). Everything needs to fucking go, left-wing, right-wing or center.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

It's a sporting forum, I'm trying to talk sports. You support Kaep but then say you follow very little football so I'm lost. I'm gonna start with basics, have you actually watched him PLAY a single game? And I don't mean running 100+ yds on 15-1 Green Bay Packers or Super Bowl XLVII because that Kaep is gone and won't return in 2019 and beyond. Moreover it sure sounds like you don't even know who Blaine Gabbert is? :mumble:  So yeah, all politics and zero actual sporting substance.

And I absolutely hate when politics gets involved in sports. There's enough politics in other aspects of life to leave sport out of this. And I mean everything, from Tibet flags during OG to MAGA labels from Santino Ferrucci (race car driver). Everything needs to fucking go, left-wing, right-wing or center.

I used to watch more American Football before I really got into Olympic (and international) sport. It’s been a few years since I’ve followed the game closely. No, I do not know Blaine Gabbart. I follow American Football enough just to know the teams doing good, and the moments of drama here and there. However, I know a good QB when I see one. I also have read articles written about Kapernick’ training.

As I’ve said time and time again, sports is just a more physical version of politics. Like it or not, everyone supports a team for a political reason. I wouldn’t be shocked to multiple protests at next years Olympics. The US protests at the Pan Am Games and Rio 2016 marathon protest (from the Ethiopian runner) pretty much proved that athletes can get away with it. I do absolutely agree that we should try to enjoy sport and keep politics out of it, but that’s not really a realistic goal. Even if I wished to just to watch a match/meet/games without politics, it wouldn’t actually be the same.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I used to watch more American Football before I really got into Olympic (and international) sport. It’s been a few years since I’ve followed the game closely. No, I do not know Blaine Gabbart. I follow American Football enough just to know the teams doing good, and the moments of drama here and there. However, I know a good QB when I see one. I also have read articles written about Kapernick’ training.

As I’ve said time and time again, sports is just a more physical version of politics. Like it or not, everyone supports a team for a political reason. I wouldn’t be shocked to multiple protests at next years Olympics. The US protests at the Pan Am Games and Rio 2016 marathon protest (from the Ethiopian runner) pretty much proved that athletes can get away with it. I do absolutely agree that we should try to enjoy sport and keep politics out of it, but that’s not really a realistic goal. Even if I wished to just to watch a match/meet/games without politics, it wouldn’t actually be the same.

I despise any political effort that tries to influence a sporting event - whether it's right or left wing. I suppose that must be difficult for you to understand. If a sporting event is big enough then these political bozos will always use it as a platform to preach their lousy political message. Olympic Games are big enough everywhere in the world to be used as such and football is big enough in the USA to use it likewise. If Kaep was a table tennis player then Nike, CNN and whomever else wouldn't give a damn about his message. Not a single damn.

I agree with Whitlock and several others, Kaep doesn't want to play football anymore but wants to be a political martyr AND someone to pay for this martyrdom. He'd be best advised running for Congress tbh. He can preach his injustice message over there as long as he wants to. He's wasting everyone's time pretending to make a run at NFL in 2019.

• 2 weeks later...

Suspension for a 49ers announcer because he dared to use dark skin as a factor in analyzing a certain situation in a game (dark skin, dark uniform and dark ball making it hard to see the ball). Talk about overreacting in the land of the free :lol:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/49ers-announcer-tim-ryan-suspended-over-dark-skin-comment-about-n1096376

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!