website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Looks like it's over for us. Our golden generation, who won 4 medals at the last 5 European Championships will retire without ever participating at the Olympics. This has to be the first time such a strong team missed out on Olympics so many times similar to Italy in football which hasn't participated in the last two world cups. 

19 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Looks like it's over for us. Our golden generation, who won 4 medals at the last 5 European Championships will retire without ever participating at the Olympics. This has to be the first time such a strong team missed out on Olympics so many times similar to Italy in football which hasn't participated in the last two world cups. 

🙄

first of all game is not over yet 

and you will qualify via ranking (in case you don’t qualify here) 

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

🙄

first of all game is not over yet 

and you will qualify via ranking (in case you don’t qualify here) 

Rankings come into play after June 2024. A lot of games until then (whole nations league). There's only 5 open spots. 1 will go to Africa, 1 will go to Italy/Brazil as they are far too ahead in the rankings, which leaves only 3 empty spots. If they allow Russia back that will likely take one more spot as their ranking is frozen. I dunno if Oceania gets 1 spot, but they could take one as well. Which leaves only 1 empty spot and considering how tight rankings are around us, I don't see us taking it. 

13 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Rankings come into play after June 2024. A lot of games until then (whole nations league). There's only 5 open spots. 1 will go to Africa, 1 will go to Italy/Brazil as they are far too ahead in the rankings, which leaves only 3 empty spots. If they allow Russia back that will likely take one more spot as their ranking is frozen. I dunno if Oceania gets 1 spot, but they could take one as well. Which leaves only 1 empty spot and considering how tight rankings are around us, I don't see us taking it. 

There's no Oceania in volley. Slovenia has an enormous difference over Serbia who are next in ranking. Only a shockingly terrible VNL performance would prevent them from qualifying.

21 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Russia is not allowed to participate in team sports and teams.