website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

41 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Great performance by Germany. If both they and Canada qualified the lower ranked top nations won't be able to rely on world rankings

Same applies with Belgium.  They’re still in the conversation for an Olympic quota. 

2 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

:BRA 1-3 :GER

This result will probably give the second quota to Germany.

Of course we still have to wait for the rest of the tournament, but honestly Brazil won't beat Italy.

I can totally see our team losing one or more of the matches, in which they are favourites now (meaning against Czechia, Qatar and Ukraine) and losing the quota. But yes, the chances to qualify are now higher than I ever expected them to be.

On 10/3/2023 at 10:35 AM, phelps said:

when it comes down to the Olympic Games, just take a month with Discovery+ and you have all the world, you won't miss a thing ;)

it's a dream come true after years of poor and (badly) selected coverage by the national TV networks all around the world :d

Yeah, any European sports fan should just have D+ anyway if they have the time to watch. For me personally I can watch whatever I want, but often I still use a television to watch the... well, sports coverage if we can call it like that... by the NOS. It's often just a good way to get some relevant news.

But it is more about the fact that it is beneficial for the sports exposure in general and especially team sports just benefit from coverage, especially when the nation in question is in the tournament. And although I don't feel we deserve any tickets based on the OQT, both teams have a general streak of decent results.

Hypothetical chances for Bulgaria are for 3 wins for 3 points, plus Argentina not getting a point against Poland and Canada losing a point to Belgium. If we get 3 for 3, but Canada gets 6 points from their other two matches, then CAN will get through on set ratio (ARG still needs to get nothing from POL, as to not crash the party)

Of course, usually when i make math prognosis we lose the very next match, so no wonder i wake up Friday to a 1:3 loss to CAN 😄