website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Cool, thank you. I think I would come one weekend to watch the matches, maybe extend couple more days, hopefully my employer lets me 😃😃. Are you coming to watch the tournament??

I think I will because the tournament is at the same time of Asian Games in Hangzhou just 200km away. I think I will spend a couple of days in Beilun to watch it while I will spend majority of time in Hangzhou to watch Asian Games.

17 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I think I will because the tournament is at the same time of Asian Games in Hangzhou just 200km away. I think I will spend a couple of days in Beilun to watch it while I will spend majority of time in Hangzhou to watch Asian Games.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I will come to watch Asian Games as well. Looking forward to that. Maybe we can contact each other while coming for a visit. Are you gonna work there? Or being a volunteer? I applied to be a volunteer there long time ago, haven't received a decision yet. 

11 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, I forgot about that. I will come to watch Asian Games as well. Looking forward to that. Maybe we can contact each other while coming for a visit. Are you gonna work there? Or being a volunteer? I applied to be a volunteer there long time ago, haven't received a decision yet. 

I am gonna just be a full time spectator and I am worried about the accommodation fee at the National Day holiday in Hangzhou. :facepalm:Keep in touch if we are in Hangzhou or Beilun at that time.

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Didn't know Canada had slipped behind Cuba in the rankings. Their place at the OG doesn't seem so sure now. Will the matches from the OQT count towards the rankings?

of course it does count, only two ranking tournaments are left, this and VNL next year

both Canada and Cuba are not in top 11 at the moment. that's the minimum you need to qualify. even 11th might not be enough but we will know for sure after the qualifiers. (if any low rank teams qualify directly or not)

and it's always possible to re-add Russia somewhere before the Olympics. yeah I know unlikely but not impossible

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

of course it does count, only two ranking tournaments are left, this and VNL next year

both Canada and Cuba are not in top 11 at the moment. that's the minimum you need to qualify. even 11th might not be enough but we will know for sure after the qualifiers. (if any low rank teams qualify directly or not)

and it's always possible to re-add Russia somewhere before the Olympics. yeah I know unlikely but not impossible

Yeah, i forgot that the rankings berths are not for all continents by default. If USA is 1-2 in the OQT, then NA won't automatically get another quota from the rankings.

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Yeah, i forgot that the rankings berths are not for all continents by default. If USA is 1-2 in the OQT, then NA won't automatically get another quota from the rankings.

our federation apparently doesn't know that. they still think if Japan qualify directly (which is possible since they are playing great) we can qualify no matter what.

in a suicidal decision, we are going to send our A team to the Asian Games and the same team will fly half the world to Brazil to play in the OQT only couple of days later. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

no, Russia will not be reinstated in any case

if the Russian athletes will be allowed to compete in Paris (and it's still a big "if"), it will be only and exclusively in the individual events (even the relays in those sports are not included)

there's no chance they will be in Paris in any team sport (and team events in individual sports)