website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Hey guys, I will be in Ningbo working with the Czech team 🙂 Does anybody all squads for the tournament, for me hard to find. I got only Czech squad 😃

Shit, wrong group. This is for male tournament. I am going for the female 😃

• 2 weeks later...

5 days away :cheer::cheer::cheer:

No expectations for Canada, as it’s quite unlikely we’ll secure a quota, even through World Rankings. Essentially, if we don’t qualify here (most likely having to beat both Netherlands and Argentina), our chances would be over.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

For the top teams, this event is pretty much useless, as they’ll qualify anyways. Why doesn’t FIVB award five quotas through World Rankings, then do an OQT for the remaining six spots. 

the most weird thing about FIVB is that they dont aply any continental rule. At least 1 place for Africa and Asia. If FIBA did the same we would have no teams from africa and asia in Olympics

1 hour ago, Josh said:

For the top teams, this event is pretty much useless, as they’ll qualify anyways. Why doesn’t FIVB award five quotas through World Rankings, then do an OQT for the remaining six spots. 

Although, if they were to do VNL 2024 a couple of months earlier (Where the World Ranking quotas would be handed out), and the OQT in mid June, then it (being VNL 2024) might conflict with club seasons. 

Edited by Josh

1 hour ago, George_D said:

the most weird thing about FIVB is that they dont aply any continental rule.  

They do. The best ranked team from a continent not yet qualified will qualify for Tokyo. They have priority over the other teams in the World ranking.