website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

48 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Wow, didnt expect Kusaka to beat Geraei. Who is this guy?

Geraei senior has a history of losing to unknown Japanese wrestlers. he lost the Olympic bronze to a guy even weaker than this one.

I gave up on him long time ago. he can beat anybody but in a tournament like this with 4-5 matches before the final. he always finds someone to lose to, unfortunately we don't have a better wrestler in this weight the moment. (77 and 87 are our weak links) he should be kicked out 2 years ago.

good day so far with 3 in the semifinal. but only 1 in Olympic weights because majesty Geraei was too lazy to start attacking in the first period. :facepalm: but the guy from Japan who beat Geraei 5-5 dominated his next 2 matches and is in the semifinal. I highly doubt he can beat Akzhul and Geraei will get eliminated but it shows with a bit of more work Geraei could be here at least winning the quota.

semis in Olympic weights

77: :AZE vs :ARM / :JPN vs :KGZ

130: :TUR vs :CHN / :IRI vs :CUB

these guys are one win away from the Olympics. and they will have 3 chances to do that.

and btw what a bad day for Russia. nobody in the SF and 3 of them are already out ! their freestyle team did OK considering the situation but in Greco they may even end up without anybody in top 8. (I believe 97kg is their best chance)

there is a big loophole in the Greco-Roman rules and lots of wrestlers are taking advantage of it. it's unbelievable that after 2.5 years they still can't see the problem

lots of close matches in heavier weights end up 1-1 with the guy who was passive in the first period winning. :facepalm: and because of that most wrestlers prefer to be passive in the first period intentionally. Heki F. Nabi won 90% of matches in his career with the same tactic, he won two matches today with the same score until Kayaalp destroyed him 

our 130kg also used the same tactic, nothing to be proud of. he is much better than this :thumbdown:

quotas tonight in Greco

77: :AZE:KGZ

130: :TUR:IRI

53 minutes ago, MHSN said:

there is a big loophole in the Greco-Roman rules and lots of wrestlers are taking advantage of it. it's unbelievable that after 2.5 years they still can't see the problem

lots of close matches in heavier weights end up 1-1 with the guy who was passive in the first period winning. :facepalm: and because of that most wrestlers prefer to be passive in the first period intentionally. Heki F. Nabi won 90% of matches in his career with the same tactic, he won two matches today with the same score until Kayaalp destroyed him 

our 130kg also used the same tactic, nothing to be proud of. he is much better than this :thumbdown:

quotas tonight in Greco

77: :AZE:KGZ

130: :TUR:IRI

They will not change the rules, I think - that passivity calls is great way to influence the results. 

Of course, they could establish compulsory parter rule for both wrestlers. So both of them will have attempts.

8 minutes ago, avlar said:

They will not change the rules, I think - that passivity calls is great way to influence the results. 

Of course, they could establish compulsory parter rule for both wrestlers. So both of them will have attempts.

I'm not talking about changing the passivity cautions or adding compulsory parterre (which I'm against it) I just think in case of 1-1 with both points from caution they should have another tie-breaking criteria.

for example only in this case the guy who received the first point is the winner. 

or even make the 3rd caution optional. right now it only gives you a parterre position without a point, they can let the wrestler decide if he wants the parterrs chance or just 1 point. 

there are so many ways to avoid this. by "this" I mean wrestlers being intentionally passive in the first period.

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm not talking about changing the passivity cautions or adding compulsory parterre (which I'm against it) I just think in case of 1-1 with both points from caution they should have another tie-breaking criteria.

for example only in this case the guy who received the first point is the winner. 

Good idea. But I fear sometimes if will be almost impossible to give a fair passive call.