website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

7 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Why do much hate against Bahrain 

if you look at the start list it looks almost like a Soviet championship and not only because of Bahrain, many Europeans are not much better 

Azerbaijan is probably the worst, not just talking about wrestling either.

They won 7 medals in Tokyo, only 2 of them were from athletes actually born in Azerbaijan. In Rio they won 17 medals, only 5 from athletes born in Azerbaijan...

11 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Why do much hate against Bahrain 

if you look at the start list it looks almost like a Soviet championship and not only because of Bahrain, many Europeans are not much better 

It’s a bit off topic but getting foreign people to compete for my country is always something I am against (I am not talking about getting citizenship in a normal well known process then decide to compete with the new nationality)

By the way I am currently in :BRN in business trip and have lots of friends there and usually expressing my opinion to them … I’d say strong disagreement to what Bahrain do not "hate" …and this strong disagreement includes all similar situations even  :GBR if we did the same. 

But talking sports as I always like,

:BRN  has a very good team in handball ..all locals …each country has talents and IMO it would be better if they try to find and develop talents within their people instead of buying champions. 

I saw some highlights for A Tazhudinov, what a wrestler, I think he will grab gold in 97 kg

On 9/17/2023 at 7:44 PM, ChandlerMne said:

Its clear, everyone here shouldnt be allowed to compete. My opinion was always the same.

Sport people should be above this. 

Banning whole nation is other thing. I am sure that there are many Russian athletes, wrestlers included, who oppose the war. 

I understand your position.

But we (Ukrainians) do not trust these "independent panels" which produce INAs.

It is not a question of politics and politicians. It does not look like Mamiashvilis says "they did not allow that Ukrainian boy to shake hands".

A lot of people were killed or wounded by russians in Ukraine. Almost everybody has some relative or friend on the list. And the athletes are not the exceptions.

Russians killed mother of Katia Tabashnik (high jumper, Diamiond league participant) in Khrkiv in her own flat.

Russians killed Dmytro Tymchik`s (national football team) brother.

Russians killed Dmytro Riznyk`s (Shaktar Donetsk, goalkeeper) brother.

Father of Vika Onoprienko (R. Gymnastics) have not seen her daughter for 9 months fighting for Ukraine.

Olga`s Kharlan teammate`s father (Olena Khomrova, Olympic champion) died as results of Russian bombardment in Mykolaiv.

And after that people like Lalovic allow z-fans like Musa Evloev to compete???? They cannont guarantee fair INAs so it must be a blanket ban. 

Equality as argument? Ukrainian athletes have trainings in destoyed objects, they have to travel much more longer that other participants to reach the venues of competitions, and of course they are much harder to concentrate at the events.

P.S. And one more thing. The IOC is much more focused on getting russians to the games. And they are crying "they are losing quotas" and getting help from federations to obtain them despite of the rules. But nobody cares how many quotas lost Ukraine due to the war and we did not ask for any privilges. It is almost miracle that we have 52 places in the Olympic team already.

3 hours ago, Adriano said:

there is no Russia here ;)

still, it's a valuable info knowing if an athlete is from :RUS or :BLR, especially in sports like wrestling where both Nations have a strong tradition

let's the politicians do their job and just let's give the most comprehensive infos about sports to whoever's gonna read our forum

we also have full of pages and threads to discuss the argument and express our opinions, if and when we want to do it, there's really no need to make a political thing out of a small detail ;)

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

still, it's a valuable info knowing if an athlete is from :RUS or :BLR, especially in sports like wrestling where both Nations have a strong tradition

let's the politicians do their job and just let's give the most comprehensive infos about sports to whoever's gonna read our forum

we also have full of pages and threads to discuss the argument and express our opinions, if and when we want to do it, there's really no need to make a political thing out of a small detail ;)

"Small details" makes the difference.

1 minute ago, phelps said:

still possible to do this with AIN flag or without Russian flag like in official site and official documents. There is no Russia in team event classification.

Bassa Mawem (speed climbing) is from New Caledonia in events represent France. I didn't see a New Caledonian flag on him. Do the same.

Olympic Champs Otoguro and Sadulaev didn't particiapte in weight-in today

I was sure the Russian tank is too proud to wrestle for the bronze specially when he knows he is not ready and will lose to his arch rival

therefore everybody in 97kg top 6 is already qualified which means :BRN:AZE:TUR:USA:GEO

Edited by MHSN

Athletes from Serbia and Montenegro were sanctioned in 1992, even though they had nothing with political events that were present at that time. I remember those times quite clearly. Some of athletes were even strong anti war oppinioned. No single nation or olympic comitee opposed that decision. 

31 years later, even slightest objectivity is absent from majority of fans. We didnt learn nothing...

Only victims in these IOC decisions are athletes. Remember that. Of course, those pro war ones are excluded, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Athletes from Serbia and Montenegro were sanctioned in 1992, even though they had nothing with political events that were present at that time. I remember those times quite clearly. Some of athletes were even strong anti war oppinioned. No single nation or olympic comitee opposed that decision. 

31 years later, even slightest objectivity is absent from majority of fans. We didnt learn nothing...

Only victims in these IOC decisions are athletes. Remember that. Of course, those pro war ones are excluded, for obvious reasons.

Of course they are not just athletes. Russians live as they want, they are little affected by sanctions, society lives by sports, money is behind sports. Athletes are exploited by politicians. Which athletes are as anti-war as your athletes were in 1992? You are writing this to a user whose country was also bombed, whose nation was the only one in Europe that was punished with death for helping Jews, many of my compatriots escaped with their lives, and whose cities were destroyed. The Games are a place for civilized countries that can compete in the spirit of fair play and the Olympic oath. The criminal Putin is supported by almost the majority of the country, the majority of this country would also support an attack on Poland, to which they have no claim as they do to Ukraine. Those athletes who were against the war are in prison or on the national teams of other countries. Wrestling is closely related to military sports, it is not rhythmic gymnastics. Don't be ignorant because of your own experiences, maybe we should demand something more from the Russians?

Edited by Sindo

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

The story is not so simple. Let me show the next example from wrestling - since we are in wrestling topic.

Translation of the text from the original article in russian. The story is from russian media 

"The Russian junior Greco-Roman wrestling team continues to prepare for the upcoming competitions. Currently the team is in Alushta at the Krymsky base, where they are preparing for the world championship, which will be held from August 14 to 20 in Poland."

https://www.crimeansport.ru/interview/13693/

Are they victims? Do they declare support to war? But they are clearly getting benefits from the outcomes and enjoying in training camp at the occupied Ukrainian territories. And the UWW allow them to compete. 

Would you allow them to compete too?