website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RTVS released the schedule from Monday (day 3) to Sunfay (Day 9)

and it looks pretty good so far I must say, very unusual, they even managed to put all Finals of the day to the schedule

RTVS 2

https://www.rtvs.sk/program?&date=2021-07-26

16 hours ago, phelps said:

tomorrow at noon there will be the official presentation of the Eurosport Italian offer...

however, I don't expect anything special...actually I don't think there will be any tv channel except for the regular E1 and E2 available...in particular, I don't expect any 4K coverage in Italy (Eurosport TV channels are part of the sky Italia basic package and it's unclear even if they will show any Olympic picture -in 2018 they didn't, as sky ITA didn't want to pay any extra amount of money for the Games)...

Hearing that here in the UK there are seven ES test channels on the Sky satellite system, launching on Wednesday. Whether this affects Italy, I don’t know.

48 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Hearing that here in the UK there are seven ES test channels on the Sky satellite system, launching on Wednesday. Whether this affects Italy, I don’t know.

no, it won't, because they will be encrypted for sure (while the good old BBC Olympic channels were Free to Air and available for basically everybody who could reach the 28.2 East orbital position)...

by the way, it's confirmed that once again we won't have the Olympics on the Sky Italia TV channels E1 and E2...they just don't want to pay an extra cent for that...

meanwhile the Games will be available on the E1 and E2 channels on the OTT platforms, from DAZN to Timvision to Discovery+ and Eurosport Player apps (but those 2 are obvious, as it's the same company)...

I can confirm that Eurosport 4K has been launched on one of the major cable TV/internet providers in Hungary a few weeks ago. Would be surprised if they didn't show the Olympics on it.

Availability is restricted though. 

21 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

ES player here on :GBR does have all the Wednesday morning pre-Olympic softball & football action listed, so it looks like the Discovery Plus sub will not be needed.

same here, ESPlayer schedule for day -2 is out and there all 3 softball (Well according to Eurosport Baseball :p) and all 6 W Football matches streams available. Hope to have everything (camera covered) of the games braodcasted is real

obrázok.png

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

same here, ESPlayer schedule for day -2 is out and there all 3 softball (Well according to Eurosport Baseball :p) and all 6 W Football matches streams available. Hope to have everything (camera covered) of the games braodcasted is real

obrázok.png

I have just checked ESPlayer here in Poland and it looks the same.

So it really looks like every event will be here, let's hope it will work really well.

On 12/07/2021 at 18:50, Grassmarket said:

I'd have thought Eurosport would have been a bit more forthcoming about their plans, but instead we have nothing but oblique hints with less than two weeks to go.  Here's what ES France are planning to do.  

7 temporary channels

1 4k channel

Up to 57 streams.

I'd presume all the other major European countries where ES offers a distinct national identity will be working in the same way.

https://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/eurosport-to-launch-seven-new-channels-for-tokyo-olympics/

In Poland we had three additional Eurosport 3, 4 and 5 tv channels during Pyeongchang 2018 games but no news so far that we will have them now as well.

It would be pity because I remember they were really good and I watched them a lot.

But according to tv schedules olympics will be broadcasted on Eurosport 1 and 2, and on two channels of Polish national TV: TVP 1 and TVP Sport. So that's quite a lot live tv.

https://www.teleman.pl/program-tv/stacje/Eurosport?date=2021-07-23

And ESPlayer looks very promising as it shows there will be all the softball and football games available on Wednesday day -2. Hope it will work well all the next days as well.