website statistics

Rowing WR World Championships 2023

Totallympics

I keep mentioning that our W2X girls are 20 yo and 18 yo, but actually they are 20 and 17 :lol:

At this point just invite the Kyridou sisters next year and have them do W2X and they will 95% qualify. I don't know the details of the drama but having them and Anastasiadou/Bourmpou compete with each other for the W2- spot is so dumb when they can clearly be used in another boat class.

And as of now it looks like even if Anastasiadou/Bourmpou win the quota for Greece, they will have internal races against the Kyridou sisters to see who goes to Paris :facepalm:

The simple solution is just to have one of the teams compete in W2X this way all four of them can go to the Olympics, otherwise with the current format two very good rowers will miss out on the Olympics.

Quick question: can previous sessions (i.e. the previous days and specifically the A-B semis) be rewatched somewhere?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Quick question: can previous sessions (i.e. the previous days and specifically the A-B semis) be rewatched somewhere?

Yes, They are under the photos and videos tab on the world rowing championships page. Tricky to navigate but they are all there.

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

Men's Single Sculls Olympic Quotas: :GER:GRE:CRO:NED:DEN:NZL

:BUL:LAT:ROC:SRB:JPN:ITA will battle in the B-Final for the final three quotas. 

IOC still hasn't made a decision on the participation of Russia (and Belarus) at the Olympics, so I'm assuming if Russia places within the top 3, only two quotas will get awarded, with the third being handed out after a decision has been made?

Edited by Josh

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

IOC still hasn't made a decision on the participation of Russia (and Belarus) at the Olympics, so I'm assuming if Russia places within the top 3, only two quotas will get awarded?

No they will be on Olympics. Unfortunately 

Edited by Adriano