website statistics

Equestrian FEI Jumping Group C OlympicQualifier 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 7/28/2023 at 5:58 PM, Vektor said:

Seeing that we are just missing out on team quotas in equestrian, do we have any chance for an individual quota? 

Thing is, Hungary has pretty balanced teams, but no individual standouts like some other Group C nations. That's why team qualification was actually more likely than an individual one (especially in jumping).

Looking at the current individual rankings, there is no chance in jumping.

Balasz Kaizinger currently holds a quota in eventing, but that's still very much an ongoing battle.

Even though he is out of it at the moment, Benedek Pachl in dressage might be the best bet actually, provided he collects few more high scores. Plus few more nations are bound to qualify teams so he will move up in the overall allocation list.

#banbestmen

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

Thing is, Hungary has pretty balanced teams, but no individual standouts like some other Group C nations. That's why team qualification was actually more likely than an individual one (especially in jumping).

Looking at the current individual rankings, there is no chance in jumping.

Balasz Kaizinger currently holds a quota in eventing, but that's still very much an ongoing battle.

Even though he is out of it at the moment, Benedek Pachl in dressage might be the best bet actually, provided he collects few more high scores. Plus few more nations are bound to qualify teams so he will move up in the overall allocation list.

Btw, have Hungary improved lately or is this more due to Russian ban in Group C? I feel like we haven't even noticed Hungary in equestrian during previous Olympic qualifications. 

@dcro I need your help because I feel so stupid in terms of understanding MERs

image.png

• At first, I found such rule: Athlete/Horse combinations that have completed the first or second round of the team Jumping Competition at the FEI Jumping European Championship 2023 or Pan-American Games 2023 or other FEI Jumping Continental Championships for Seniors 2023 (provided the Continental Championship has the status of a qualifying Event for achieving the MER for the Olympic Games) with a Score of not more than eight (8) penalties. Does it mean, that Alisa Danilova achieved MER, because she have 0 penalties in first round?

• Anastasia Bondarieva showed 4 penalties at the Grand Prix in Prague, will it count as MER (height of obstacle was 1.55m, class of event CSIO4*

On 7/29/2023 at 8:27 PM, Vektor said:

Btw, have Hungary improved lately or is this more due to Russian ban in Group C? I feel like we haven't even noticed Hungary in equestrian during previous Olympic qualifications. 

Both in parts. There is a definite improvement in dressage and eventing since the last Olympics, while the level of jumping in Hungary has remained the same. It helps that Pilisjaszfalu has hosted multiple European youth level championships. I remember Hungary finishing 4th in a team event there (it was in a junior division if my memory serves me well).

#banbestmen

17 hours ago, Illya said:

@dcro I need your help because I feel so stupid in terms of understanding MERs

image.png

• At first, I found such rule: Athlete/Horse combinations that have completed the first or second round of the team Jumping Competition at the FEI Jumping European Championship 2023 or Pan-American Games 2023 or other FEI Jumping Continental Championships for Seniors 2023 (provided the Continental Championship has the status of a qualifying Event for achieving the MER for the Olympic Games) with a Score of not more than eight (8) penalties. Does it mean, that Alisa Danilova achieved MER, because she have 0 penalties in first round?

• Anastasia Bondarieva showed 4 penalties at the Grand Prix in Prague, will it count as MER (height of obstacle was 1.55m, class of event CSIO4*

I am not the person to ask this question. :d I do not follow MERs in jumping at all because it's way too complicated.

Info on MER for Bondarieva and other athletes can be found here.. https://data.fei.org/Person/Detail.aspx?p=9AD5B1B11CF4BC8C4BED8C8392784474 FEI updates this periodically.

#banbestmen