website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I read on this thread that :CAN - :NED went to five sets, but I didn't know the result when I went to watch the highlights on youtube. Luckily you can always figure out who's going to win quickly because they basically only show highlights from the winning team, even in sets where they're down in points.

Well played :CAN ! Our team is honestly doing better than I thought, despite this loss. It's basically a whole new team from a few years back and it's finally starting to feel like there's a new basis to build on with players like Dambrink, Timmerman, Baijens, Knollema, Marring and Reesink.

@CCB do you really think Dambrink is already the best player on the team? I'd say that title still goes to Daalderop. I wish Daalderop was a bit more of a leader in the field though, considering her experience compared to most of her teammates.

2 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I read on this thread that :CAN - :NED went to five sets, but I didn't know the result when I went to watch the highlights on youtube. Luckily you can always figure out who's going to win quickly because they basically only show highlights from the winning team, even in sets where they're down in points.

Well played :CAN ! Our team is honestly doing better than I thought, despite this loss. It's basically a whole new team from a few years back and it's finally starting to feel like there's a new basis to build on with players like Dambrink, Timmerman, Baijens, Knollema, Marring and Reesink.

@CCB do you really think Dambrink is already the best player on the team? I'd say that title still goes to Daalderop. I wish Daalderop was a bit more of a leader in the field though, considering her experience compared to most of her teammates.

Yeah, I really think she is the most important player. I agree she's maybe not the best of the team, but her position (opposite) is the most important! And Dambrink is way better than Celeste Plak and Iris Scholten on that position.

They did better than I thought in the last two weeks of the VNL. But losing to Germany and Dominican Republic (and Canada) was really unnecessary.

If somebody would told me before VNL that Poland will win a group where is 16 best teams in the world I would think that this person isn't normal :lol:

But well done girls! I'm hoping that they will play in final and this success give them a confidence that they can qualify to Olympics already in this year :) 

Edited by rybak

11 hours ago, vinipereira said:

F0CmPqDaAAAmHpX?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's pretty clear that :POL :CHN :USA :TUR will qualify for semifinals, but watch out for :GER :ITA.

Watch out for :GER indeed. Don't know why, but somehow I think they will reach the final against :USA .

7 hours ago, CCB said:

Watch out for :GER indeed. Don't know why, but somehow I think they will reach the final against :USA .

Would be amazing, but I don’t see any indication that it will happen. I think they almost beat Poland during the group stage, but beating Poland and China/Brazil back-to-back would be a huge surprise for this team. I think they are well coached and have some promising players, but I don’t think that they have the quality to consistently perform at the highest level. Not sure what happened with Serbia (maybe they played with their second team?), but Germany wouldn’t have made it past the group stage if Serbia would have been remotely close to their normal level.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Would be amazing, but I don’t see any indication that it will happen. I think they almost beat Poland during the group stage, but beating Poland and China/Brazil back-to-back would be a huge surprise for this team. I think they are well coached and have some promising players, but I don’t think that they have the quality to consistently perform at the highest level. Not sure what happened with Serbia (maybe they played with their second team?), but Germany wouldn’t have made it past the group stage if Serbia would have been remotely close to their normal level.

I especially like Hannah Ohrtmann and Lisa Alsmeier. Germany really became stronger last year. Interesting to see if they can qualify for Paris with competition from Dominican Republic, Canada and Netherlands.

Serbia played the first two weeks with their B-squad. But Ojgenovic and the legend Boskovic came back in the third week. But Serbia was still a little shaky. 

Edited by CCB

On 7/3/2023 at 6:53 PM, OlympicsFan said:

For me you will win with Poland 3:1 and finish VLN in the semifinal.

Edited by Adriano