website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 5 months later...

Our objective this edition is to not get relegated, so today's win against Croatia is a big step in that direction. We play against the Dominican Rep. tomorrow in another head-to-head for relegation. Only negative from today was that our captain Paskova picked up an injury and will have surgery, which is a big bummer...

I remember that after Rio 2016, many people were concerned about the future of our national team, because it took us a long time to give new players the opportunity and the players we had, unfortunately, did not compare to our golden generation. I'm happy that today we can see new and talented players in Brazil, I can finally see a good future. And of course, all thanks to our coach who is spectacular. 

To be honest, i hadn't heard of most of our players, as they are switching the roster with a new generation, but i am liking the attitude and play they showed. But as per tradition, we lost 2 matches, which we should have won, after leading a great deal of the game. With this play having only 1 win after the first week is a disappointment, even with the injury of our captain. Hopefully this team can upgrade both mentally and tactically.  

The Netherlands decline in this sport seems to be continuing, with a week of only losses.

Meanwhile I'm very impressed by Thailand's results and their close match with Italy (even if Italy wasn't their strongest team). Some of the highlights on youtube seem like a really fun underdog team!

• 2 weeks later...