website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2022

Totallympics

by the way, very disappointing night so far...

I expected 2 gold medals from Barbieri (who spent too much in the early stages and with that move to edge Valente out in the forelast elimination) and from the boys of the men's team pursuit, where we paid the slow start (not having Lamon in the final wasn't a good idea) and the hour record attempt by Ganna last Saturday (he didn't have the last km he had in Tokyo, unfortunately)...

let's see what happens with the women's team pursuit (if they don't go below 4.10 it's a huge disappointment)...

:CAN Canada! :yikes:

really surprising outcome in the men's Scratch race...

:ITA Pinazzi made a capital mistake trying to close down on Grondin with about 5 laps to go, then he didn't have anything left in the tank in the final sprint...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

I'd be very disappointed if they don't improve a lot...all the girls are still young and Guazzini is going to be the new Ganna, I hope.

now we have at least 6/7 girls to choose from who could/should be the core of the team for the next 2/3 Olympic cycles.

the only risk is that our girls start thinking too much to the road races (they are already a very successful group also in that discipline).

The GBR team for 2024 could be Archibald. Kenny, the Barker sisters and the Backstedt sisters.

My problem is that Zoe Backstedt might destroy the rest of the British team

1 hour ago, phelps said:

by the way, very disappointing night so far...

I expected 2 gold medals from Barbieri (who spent too much in the early stages and with that move to edge Valente out in the forelast elimination) and from the boys of the men's team pursuit, where we paid the slow start (not having Lamon in the final wasn't a good idea) and the hour record attempt by Ganna last Saturday (he didn't have the last km he had in Tokyo, unfortunately)...

let's see what happens with the women's team pursuit (if they don't go below 4.10 it's a huge disappointment)...

Yeah, Italy got nothing the times Ganna came to the front.  Man-of-the-month Milan did more.

Edited by Grassmarket

First ever medal for a French women's team pursuit, unthinkable even a couple of years back. Still a young squad, pretty much following Italy closely but always a bit late. Not the same pool as the Italians but hopefully the successful youngsters will provide the team with talent in the years to come.

Pretty good set of results for :GBR so far - matching or showing strong progression since Tokyo across all events except the men's Keirin (and to be fair Jason Keny had no business winning that gold medal) 

Given my obsession with rankings, am confidently predicting that GBR will remain in qualifying position across all 4 of the key events.