website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

My take:

Mari Eide won't get more lucky even if she tried. Probably the least deserved medallist of the champs right away.

Skistad looked like she can outlast both Falla & Nilsson in the final straight. I thought she can win the gold here. A massive mistake but if she keeps this going Falla might as well retire like next week.

Speaking of Falla, this is probably her last hurrah. Can't see her going for the triple at age 31. I mean she will probably try but without a real chance.

If Skistad's mistake was down to her youth, the Swedish collapse was just epic. I bet there will be some harsh words tonight for Sundling who basically gifted Falla the gold. Can't even feel sorry for the broken pole. She deserved the 4th place after that bonehead move.

Klaebo & Pellegrino 1-2 like expected. Ustyugov is an idiot.

I could not give two f*cks if Eide 'deserved' the medal or not. She was behind, kept fighting despite being behind and it got paid off at the very best moment. That's the right mentality you need, instead of being in 5th or 6th place and 'giving up' because you're probably not gonna win anymore.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I could not give two f*cks if Eide 'deserved' the medal or not. She was behind, kept fighting despite being behind and it got paid off at the very best moment. That's the right mentality you need, instead of being in 5th or 6th place and 'giving up' because you're probably not gonna win anymore.

She got lucky twice at the biggest event of the year. I dislike athletes who win medals based on pure luck rather than performance. She barely beat out Sundling who broke a pole. Just how pathetic was that?

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

She got lucky twice at the biggest event of the year. I dislike athletes who win medals based on pure luck rather than performance. She barely beat out Sundling who broke a pole. Just how pathetic was that?

Cool, we found like the one person in the world who hates the Steven Bradbury story :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Cool, we found like the one person in the world who hates the Steven Bradbury story :d 

Well, Bradbury admitted he was hanging back in SF & F and hoped for a crash in front of him so at least he was being honest. Many peope forget there was a three-way crash in his SF as well.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, Bradbury admitted he was hanging back in SF & F and hoped for a crash in front of him so at least he was being honest. Many peope forget there was a three-way crash in his SF as well.

Yes, he was even luckier than Eide,  which is why I mentioned him. Anyway, Eide should be honest too and say the truth: never give up, because it might get paid off :)

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Like Eide, you mean?

https://video.eurosport.co.uk/cross-country-skiing/she-s-with-me-every-day-bronze-medallist-mari-eide-pays-tribute-to-support-after-death-of-sister_vid1165901/video.shtml

"I kept fighting and I was lucky" followed by "I kept fighting until the end" and "I was lucky".