website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

Wouldn't it be cool if UEFA/FIFA bans big tournament matches being held in stadiums with one of them athletics tracks around the field? Every single match ever in a stadium like that has at least 80% less atmosphere no matter how much noise the fans make simply due to them being so freaking far away..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Wouldn't it be cool if UEFA/FIFA bans big tournament matches being held in stadiums with one of them athletics tracks around the field? Every single match ever in a stadium like that has at least 80% less atmosphere no matter how much noise the fans make simply due to them being so freaking far away..

This Baku stadium feels even worse than the others with tracks, I am not sure why. The atmosphere is terrible. 

The literal 10 seconds in which I turned off the sound and looked away to check a short video on my laptop :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

This Baku stadium feels even worse than the others with tracks, I am not sure why. The atmosphere is terrible. 

It doesn't help that it's only filled with like 6 random people who happened to walk past for a minute :p Or so it seems

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It doesn't help that it's only filled with like 6 random people who happened to walk past for a minute :p Or so it seems

Yeah, people don't seem very enthusiastic about these two teams, which explains the relaxed atmosphere. The stadium though looks fantastic. If it was full i doubt it would matter, if the stands were 10 metres closer or not.