website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Dunadan said:

Quick explanation:

In which athletics events do heavier athletes usually compete? Hammer, discus throw, shot put.

Which country's performance in those events is getting worse, going from always winning 3,4,5 medals at every WCH edition to 0 medals in 2017 and maybe 1 this year? Germany.

Therefore: hate on the "obese people" who win medals in those events, they set a very bad example for children.

Who is the most evident example of top athlete who is extremely and unhealthily skinny? Klosterhalfen, a German.

Therefore: no problem with dangerously underweight people, they're not such a bad example for children.

Quick explanation: Dunadan isn't very good at logical thinking, so he needs to make up nonsense claims to "support" his "arguments".

1) You have no clue why i am actually saying the things i am saying.

2) So if Germany won 0 medals in 2017, then why didn't i say what i said back then according to your logic?

3) Germany could win between 0 and 4 medals in throwing events (Hussong, 2 x men's javelin, Schwanitz), but that wouldn't have been in line with your narrative, so you had to leave javelin throw out.

4) So your way of criticizing me for calling obese people unhealthy is by calling skinny people (Klosterhalfen) unhealthy ... ? Interesting approach ... of shooting in your own foot. I would like to know though: What makes you think that

a) Klosterhalfen is unhealthily skinny

b) Kloserhalfen is the most evident exmaple of a top athlete who is extremely and unhealhily skinng? Could you maybe show me the metrics you used to come up with that claim?

5 ... 1.000.000) I could make many more points, for example like saying that i criticized athletes from other sports where Germany never was really successful (for example weightlifting) the same way, but that won't have any effect on you, because you clearly (as usual) aren't interested in a discussion and only wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Nice liar, but there's a good search function on the forum...

5 August 2017 after men's discus throw with no medal for Germany

"I think we have to face reality: An event where 3 fat guys, who probably couldnt run 100 m without a heart attack, win the medals cant be called a sport."

This is by far the oddest thread I’ve seen in while. Everyone watches the events and talks about the results, and then in between 2-3 people take turns arguing with each other, and it’s not the same 2-3 people every time. We’re going to need group therapy after these world championships :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

To be fair, saying Klosterhalfen is unhealthily skinny is pretty much the same as saying DeAnna is unhealthily big. If they were so unhealthy, they wouldn't be able to do what they do.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Dunadan said:

Nice liar, but there's a good search function on the forum...

5 August 2017 after men's discus throw with no medal for Germany

"I think we have to face reality: An event where 3 fat guys, who probably couldnt run 100 m without a heart attack, win the medals cant be called a sport."

Can we have a 'Buuuurn!' reaction button?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

This is by far the oddest thread I’ve seen in while. Everyone watches the events and talks about the results, and then in between 2-3 people take turns arguing with each other, and it’s not the same 2-3 people every time. We’re going to need group therapy after these world championships :p

I think we're more than never athletics addicted (at least I know I am) so between athletic sessions it's the side effects of the athletics rehab. 30 minutes and arguing is over. :p

Just now, heywoodu said:

To be fair, saying Klosterhalfen is unhealthily skinny is pretty much the same as saying DeAnna is unhealthily big. If they were so unhealthy, they wouldn't be able to do what they do.

But then again, pretty much every elite sportsperson is unhealthy. That's the whole point.

Discussion was mainly about how athletes' appearance influences the masses.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, heywoodu said:

Klosterhalfen could have a back-up career in ski jumping... but she's probably too tall for that anyway :p

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

You probably wouldn't allow any racist pricks from Poland to take part in this group therapy though :old::finger::whistle:

Just now, dcro said:

But then again, pretty much every elite sportsperson is unhealthy. That's the whole point.

Discussion was mainly about how athletes' appearance influences the masses.

Well then I'm in the same camp as whoever says "good for Price and I hope it shows people you don't have to be skinny to be perfectly worthy".