website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

We have wasted a ton of money on this sport and we are still not even on par with a nation that has a much smaller population than us. What will it take to finally have world class Hungarian handball again? They got all the money in the world to deliver and at this point there might be a 16 years gap between two Hungarian male handball quotas. There are youth handball players who have never even seen the male Hungarian handball team at the Olympics in their life, it's been that fucking long. I don't know why I still bother to watch this...

Edited by Vektor

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

We have wasted a ton of money on this sport and we are still not even on par with a nation that has a much smaller population than us. What will it take to finally have world class Hungarian handball again? They got all the money in the world to deliver and at this point there might be a 16 years gap between two Hungarian male handball quotas. I don't know why I still bother to watch this...

u have many foreigners in your biggest teams , i can't recall a Hungarian Player on Veszprem for example 

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

u have many foreigners in your biggest teams , i can't recall a Hungarian Player on Veszprem for example 

That's because our biggest teams agenda is to win the Champions League, not to produce great Hungarian handball players. For some reason the idiots in Hungarian handball think that the Champions League is truly worth something in this sport, like in football. The reality is that the Olympic Games is what matters above all else in handball, if we are not there, we might as well shut down this sport instead of wasting money. Hungarian handball was stronger when Veszprém and Győr weren't competing for the men's and women's Champions League title. 

Right now we are declining like in the 70s and 80s in football, Hungarian handball will soon end up like Hungarian football at this rate. 

Edited by Vektor

16 minutes ago, Vektor said:

We have wasted a ton of money on this sport and we are still not even on par with a nation that has a much smaller population than us. What will it take to finally have world class Hungarian handball again? They got all the money in the world to deliver and at this point there might be a 16 years gap between two Hungarian male handball quotas. There are youth handball players who have never even seen the male Hungarian handball team at the Olympics in their life, it's been that fucking long. I don't know why I still bother to watch this...

c'mon! you almost got a medal "only" 11 years ago...

think of me (us)...Italy have never even got close to qualify for the Olympics...:cry: :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I feel like money can make the difference between a good team and an elite team, but when there's not enough kids playing a sport the pool of available talent is just not enough. I think in the Netherlands the biggest limitation to our Olympic team sports is at the grassroots level and not the money for the national teams.