website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

Also even CAS think the exact timing announcing the positive test right after the match and before the podium ceremony during the olympics is somehow like a conspiracy

And to be honest it's seems true 

17 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Also even CAS think the exact timing announcing the positive test right after the match and before the podium ceremony during the olympics is somehow like a conspiracy

It's COVID. So it's possible it takes a while for samples to get shifted from Moscow to Stockholm. But if they waited on purpose, it was probably to prevent a cover-up and basically dare RUSADA to clear her in one day...

At any rate this is just horrible. You can get away with drugging minors? And I am not even sure anymore if this was all done without Valieva's knowledge. For starters, surely she knows what kind of doctor is a part of her team.

But I guess this finally comes down to what was easier. It's easier to disqualify someone after the competition than shortly before. Just how it is.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's COVID. So it's possible it takes a while for samples to get shifted from Moscow to Stockholm. But if they waited on purpose, it was probably to prevent a cover-up and basically dare RUSADA to clear her in one day...

At any rate this is just horrible. You can get away with drugging minors? And I am not even sure anymore if this was all done without Valieva's knowledge. For starters, surely she knows what kind of doctor is a part of her team.

But I guess this finally comes down to what was easier. It's easier to disqualify someone after the competition than shortly before. Just how it is.

What I want to say is that if the result came out 2 days earlier. ROC could easily change Kamila Valieva to Anna Shcherbakova to compete the team event also change to Elizaveta Tuktamysheva to compete the women's event. In this scenario, it's fair to say ROC would still win the team event and women's event without controversy. ROC would not hurt at all if so, but if released the result after letting Kamila compete, then the whole world have big drama to follow.

Still doping minors is unacceptable and the case will be continuously back and forth lasting one or two years even allowing Kamila to compete. But if the result released 2 days earlier, Kamila would be quietly replaced under the WADA protection rule and allowed to compete soon, Shcherbakova would win the team's gold, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva could get her awaited quota. It's just too nice to treat the evil Russia.

8 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

What I want to say is that if the result came out 2 days earlier. ROC could easily change Kamila Valieva to Anna Shcherbakova to compete the team event also change to Elizaveta Tuktamysheva to compete the women's event. In this scenario, it's fair to say ROC would still win the team event and women's event without controversy. ROC would not hurt at all if so, but if released the result after letting Kamila compete, then the whole world have big drama to follow.

Still doping minors is unacceptable and the case will be continuously back and forth lasting one or two years even allowing Kamila to compete. But if the result released 2 days earlier, Kamila would be quietly replaced under the WADA protection rule and allowed to compete soon, Shcherbakova would win the team's gold, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva could get her awaited quota. It's just too nice to treat the evil Russia.

Yeah, this could feasibly end up with Valieva getting DQ'd from the singles and ROC keeping their team gold (using Trusova/Shcherbakova's scores from the singles event).

#banbestmen