website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, hckošice said:

No way. 2 seconds is too much. The snow just does not suit her, exactly like in PyeongChang.

Sad, but what we can do. I was afraid we will never win an alpine skiing medal and sadly it looks I was correct.

I don't agree. She's less than a second behind Meta who is 4th. Truppe has never finished above 8th in the world cup. If she has a perfect run Petra can still get a medal. Maybe not gold, but a medal for sure. When she's on top there's nobody better than her. 

Just now, FireRun said:

I don't agree. She's less than a second behind Meta who is 4th. Truppe has never finished above 8th in the world cup. If she has a perfect run Petra can still get a medal. Maybe not gold, but a medal for sure. When she's on top there's nobody better than her. 

not on this snow. this is exactly the same what happened in PyeongChang. Exactly the same, she just can not find her rhythm on this snow.

Just now, hckošice said:

not on this snow. this is exactly the same what happened in PyeongChang. Exactly the same, she just can not find her rhythm on this snow.

Everyone kinda suspected this will be a more icy course with the negative temperatures & artificial snow? I mean those top athletes & their camps should have anyway?

The results on this slope are very unusual ..... I can't help myself but the course looks stable, still in a good condition after 25 ladies but yet I see no matter how well you ski with higher number, it somehow does not let you in top positions ..... Of course O'Brien was an exception ..... Anyways,pity for Michaela and I truly hope with fire rocket in Petra's ass in the second run 😅😅

Polish ES commentator Marcin Szafranski says the course looks exciting and yeah, all the ice means it kinda holds up pretty well too. Obviously this is still a new course for everyone so we can't call it "short & boring" and it has caught out some names alright.

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Oh please what is this moping around? She had two big mistakes in the 1st run, but she’s still clearly in contention for the medal here and a gold medal favorite in slalom. 

1 minute ago, Shiffrin said:

Oh please what is this moping around? She had two big mistakes in the 1st run, but she’s still clearly in contention for the medal here and a gold medal favorite in slalom. 

A) No she is clearly not and B) yes on paper one of the two top favs.