website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

1 minute ago, MantaRaymarc said:

@Benolympique Could you update the qualification schedule on Wikipedia instead? I can't edit purposefully as many users including Sportsfan already banned me from editing. Thank you!

I'm not very good at Wikipedia I'm going to try

• 1 month later...

hello I am looking for the dates and/or locations of its events

Your help is welcome

Table Tennis - Asian Qualification Tournament 2024 -

Tennis - African Games 2024 -

Gymnastics Trampoline - Oceanian Championships 2024 -

Gymnastics Rhythmic - Oceanian Championships 2024 -

Football Men's - Match Play-Off 2024 (AFC vs. CAF) -

Beach - Volley (Africa, Asia, American North & Sud & Oceania)

12 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Gymnastics Rhythmic - Oceanian Championships 2024 -

Understand from Gymnastics New Zealand that the Oceania Championship for Rhythmic Gymnastics is taking place in conjunction with the European Championships in Hungary from 22-May.

31 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Understand from Gymnastics New Zealand that the Oceania Championship for Rhythmic Gymnastics is taking place in conjunction with the European Championships in Hungary from 22-May.

Seems a little pattern developing actually, where one event stages another from a different part of the world. The European Weightlifting seems to be operating a link with the USA, not dissimilar to the european U23 Aquatics, while the worlds have 'held' the Commonwealths in weightlifting several times by simply drawing out the CW qualified lifters in the standard competition. not the worst idea in the current climate

9 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Seems a little pattern developing actually, where one event stages another from a different part of the world. The European Weightlifting seems to be operating a link with the USA, not dissimilar to the european U23 Aquatics, while the worlds have 'held' the Commonwealths in weightlifting several times by simply drawing out the CW qualified lifters in the standard competition. not the worst idea in the current climate

In some ways I can see it as a good thing, but then again, if you are a gymnast from the likes of Fiji or Samoa, are you really going to be able to travel to Hungary to compete or is this going to be another Oceania championship which is basically :AUS v :NZL

Yeah, it's more likely that :AUS:NZL athletes are based in Europe so it is actually cheaper for them to travel to Hungary. I don't really know any other Oceania nations which compete in rhythmic gymnastics.

Having the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships at the World Championships makes sense because weightlifting is quite popular in the Pacific, but most of those nations are quite poor and are unlikely to afford the cost of traveling to two events.

21 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

In some ways I can see it as a good thing, but then again, if you are a gymnast from the likes of Fiji or Samoa, are you really going to be able to travel to Hungary to compete or is this going to be another Oceania championship which is basically :AUS v :NZL

I'm not sure they exist :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela