website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 2/28/2024 at 5:02 PM, Laraja said:

very good work but I don't understand two things; Why Riera instead of Carle from the Pan Am qualifiers, and why Raducanu for the Legacy quota (should be Osaka or even Andreescu before her).

1 hour ago, evil betty said:

very good work but I don't understand two things; Why Riera instead of Carle from the Pan Am qualifiers, and why Raducanu for the Legacy quota (should be Osaka or even Andreescu before her).

Thanks for your observation.

About Riera instead of Carle, It is because the tennis players need to be in top 400, otherwise they can't use the quota earned at Panamerican Games.

As for Raducanu instead of Osaka... you are right, my bad. In the last updates Osaka didn't appear on Top 400 (at least if I remember well :d) then I completely forgot her.

I will fix it, thanks

Posted (edited)

Wozniacki has only played Billie Jean King Cup once since 2011, but I'm sure they'll bend the rules for her and use her retirement/pregnancy as an excuse for not playing during this Olympic period (unless she ends up playing in April).

Not that she has a chance of doing anything, especially on clay courts, and I don't know if she'll be able to qualify in mixed doubles with Rune (which she said was one of the reasons why she came back) considering how low her ranking is and time is really running out for her to move up. She'll probably have to be top 30 or so in the next few months and she's currently nowhere near there and hasn't been taking the tour schedule seriously enough in my opinion.

Edited by Makedonas

6 hours ago, Laraja said:

About Riera instead of Carle, It is because the tennis players need to be in top 400, otherwise they can't use the quota earned at Panamerican Games.

Carle is top 100?

9 hours ago, Laraja said:

Thanks for your observation.

As for Raducanu instead of Osaka... you are right, my bad. In the last updates Osaka didn't appear on Top 400 (at least if I remember well :d) then I completely forgot her.

I will fix it, thanks

Carle is at 101 in your list, 

9 hours ago, MatiReimundo said:

Carle is top 100?

5 hours ago, evil betty said:

Carle is at 101 in your list, 

Wtf :facepalm:I was using a tool to look for her using her name Lourdes... and the ranking it is just Maria (I didnt even now that she was named Maria Lourdes haha).

Thanks guys, now it is correct.

ITF officially allows Russian & Belarussian players to compete as neutral athletes in Paris.

Meanwhile where are those people who preached the liberal democracies will boycott the Olympics? :dunno:

https://www.itftennis.com/en/news-and-media/articles/itf-statement-eligibility-of-russian-belarusian-athletes-at-paris-2024/