website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Thanks, very, very interesting to see the virtual race for Paris laid out like that. Notable with my GBR hat on is that Boulter looks in very good shape, and Burrage is on a bit of a charge, and Norrie is in dreadful trouble. Wonder if Radacanu might be eligible for the Grand Slam champ spot

Source: sport.pl

https://www.sport.pl/tenis/7,64987,30327291,wystep-igi-swiatek-na-igrzyskach-jest-zagrozony-kapitan-reprezentacji.html#s=SNO_Img_1

Iga is currently not eligible in Paris because she refused to play in Fed Cup this year. She should play next year to have Paris assured.

She may not play if:

- POL will be in the final in Seville this year - then POL will not play before olympics again,

- she gets injured when POL will play next year before olympics.

This is a very risky situation.

She may get one of 2 legacy champ / grand slam champ places ofc but she may not. Osaka, Wozniacki and some others may be chosen.

So I am really disappointed she chose not to play in Seville.

Btw, what you think - what place in ATP / WTA singles ranks will be the cut for Paris?

How many athletes refuse to play?

I know some players who don't have success on clay will say no

But i hope there will be not so many refusals like in Rio or Tokyo, much less refusals i hope

Still: not 56 rank, maybe around 90-100.

8 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Btw, what you think - what place in ATP / WTA singles ranks will be the cut for Paris?

How many athletes refuse to play?

I know some players who don't have success on clay will say no

But i hope there will be not so many refusals like in Rio or Tokyo, much less refusals i hope

Still: not 56 rank, maybe around 90-100.

I'm sure some players will skip but probably not like Tokyo, as there were COVID issues and also it was out of the way for players to go to Asia for just one event. Europe is much more convenient.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 11:31 PM, mpjmcevoy said:

Thanks, very, very interesting to see the virtual race for Paris laid out like that. Notable with my GBR hat on is that Boulter looks in very good shape, and Burrage is on a bit of a charge, and Norrie is in dreadful trouble. Wonder if Radacanu might be eligible for the Grand Slam champ spot

I think there are potentially much stronger csndidates than Radacanu. However, as a two time Olympic champion as well as a multiple Grand Slam winner, I think Murray has a good insurance policy if he doesn't orherwise qualify and fancies playing on clay again.

Norrie needs to perform well in the first half of next year and take advantage of his much higher ATP ranking in the two remaining GS tournies before the rankings close.

Edited by Nickyc707