website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, rajiv said:

People here a bit tough on Australia(again!)

Looking at their team I'd say that the only soft qualifications they have are in boxing -Australia  has remarkably little interest in all the combative sports -and they give out a huge number of medals especially to Japan in judo .Sth Korea in twaekwondo ,Italy in fencing etc etc - 

and synchronised swimming - the one aquatic discipline which is considered a joke by most (sorry ladies )

New Zealand is the country with the soft entry in association football.They would be favourites to come last (again) in both tournaments

Off the top of my head Australia wouldn’t qualify in Archery, Breaking, Badminton, Modern Pentathlon, Artistic Swimming, Weightlifting. 

Boxing they would probably qualify, Parker and Garside are good boxers. 

Edited by Josh

6 hours ago, rajiv said:

People here a bit tough on Australia(again!)

Looking at their team I'd say that the only soft qualifications they have are in boxing -Australia  has remarkably little interest in all the combative sports -and they give out a huge number of medals especially to Japan in judo .Sth Korea in twaekwondo ,Italy in fencing etc etc - 

and synchronised swimming - the one aquatic discipline which is considered a joke by most (sorry ladies )

New Zealand is the country with the soft entry in association football.They would be favourites to come last (again) in both tournaments

Judo, number of JPN gold medals in London 2012: 1, in Rio 2016: 3 (only exception, Tokyo 2020 as they hosted the Games and you know...Home Soil is always Home Soil)

Fencing, number of ITA gold medals in Rio 2016: 1, in Tokyo 2020: 0

Taekwondo, number of KOR gold medals in Rio 2016: 2, in Tokyo 2020: 0

once again, you're wrong and heavily biased...and a lot more than those people you think are biased :pope:

On 3/21/2024 at 10:45 AM, Josh said:

Off the top of my head Australia wouldn’t qualify in Archery, Breaking, Badminton, Modern Pentathlon, Artistic Swimming, Weightlifting. 

Boxing they would probably qualify, Parker and Garside are good boxers. 

weightlifting, actually they have a woman who's a medal contender (Chikamatana) ;)

modern pentathlon, right now they're a bit off, but they still have some tradition (Esposito taking women's gold in London Rio)

Archery, they also have some tradition...better not underestimate them...but yeah, this time I don't think they're good enough to qualify without the help of the Continental qualifiers

Edited by phelps

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

weightlifting, actually they have a woman who's a medal contender (Chikamatana) ;)

modern pentathlon, right now they're a bit off, but they still have some tradition (Esposito taking women's gold in London)

Archery, they also have some tradition...better not underestimate them...but yeah, this time I don't think they're good enough to qualify without the help of the Continental qualifiers

Esposito took the gold in Rio,and i'm confused as to why she's not back at this point 

3 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

Esposito took the gold in Rio,and i'm confused as to why she's not back at this point 

oh, yes...you're right!

she became mother and decided to leave the competitive sport

Just now, phelps said:

oh, yes...you're right!

she became mother and decided to leave the competitive sport

hm,pretty sure that wasn't the plan originally,and uipm said nothing about her retiring that i can see,but alright then.

18 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Just going to go off topic for a second. :d

:JPN Japan is going to reject their women's 4x100m freestyle relay quota.

:IRL Ireland will get the quota.

We know approximately how many Japanese swimmers will qualify for Paris? with these restrictions so severe the figure will not be high