website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The countries that have qualified do not count for points. So if you finish fourth and are the first country not qualified you get the max 28 points. Second place gets 25, third gets 23, fourth 22 and so on. 

I don't totally understand how the nation qualifications work. If you qualify in a certain placement do you get a qualifications in all disciplines?

23 minutes ago, james89 said:

I don't totally understand how the nation qualifications work. If you qualify in a certain placement do you get a qualifications in all disciplines?

Ok. I think I got it now. 

Meanwhile, Venezuela is out of contention in the team's classification. So far 3 out of 8 of its competitors did not finish; still they have one athlete in the top 15 individual rankings, so they probably will use that place. Also one men from USA and Canada did not finish today, so their lifters must try to obtain a good result in the next few days.

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Meanwhile, Venezuela is out of contention in the team's classification. So far 3 out of 8 of its competitors did not finish; still they have one athlete in the top 15 individual rankings, so they probably will use that place. Also one men from USA and Canada did not finish today, so their lifters must try to obtain a good result in the next few days.

Sorry, one more annoying question. How many scores count towards the top score.

Congratulations to Canada! They've already secured a quota in women's by team's ranking with one lifter yet to compete. Tomorrow the competition will finish for women, with Cuba in a good position to secure a quota, while Peru has no chance at all.

In men's, today a Mexican lifter bombed out, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to know if they will win quota via the Championships or if they will do so by individual rankings... in either case it seems the national federation will send Cuban born Bredni Roque as the representative to Rio.

20 minutes ago, konig said:

can be a reallocation for  the individual quota of Canada?

Yes, but if I understand the qualification process correctly, Canada's will keep the place won in Pan American championships and the place it currently has in the individual rankings will be assigned to the NOC of the next best lifter in the individual rankings.