website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

4 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Where did you get these updates on the Kazakh team?

same source irmants referred and here

ASTANA. KAZINFORM - The trainers of the national weightlifting team of Kazakhstan held the final competition for the weightlifters of Kazakhstan competing for the Olympic "ticket" on July 11, Sports.kz informs.    

Eight athletes took part in the competition, but only five of them will go to Rio.

Competition  men's results:

Arli Chontei (56 kg) 130+155 - 4th place
Farkhat Kharki (62 kg) 143+184 - 2nd place
Nizhat Rakhimov (77 kg) 170+211 - 1st place
Aidar Kazov (77 kg) 157+200 - 6th place
Kirill Pavlov (77 kg) 158+196 - 7th place
Alexander Zaichikov (105 kg) 190+222 - 3rd place
Ibragim Bersanov (105 kg) 186+215 - 8th place
Selimkhan Abubakirov (105+ kg) 203+230 - 10th place

i wonder to know where's vladimir sedov? injured or doping issue or sth else? these 56 and 62 and 85 kg guys must have a great potential talent for medal , they ignored sedov

and as you know 56 and 62 kg have a Chinese origin

22 minutes ago, amiry2j said:

same source irmants referred and here

ASTANA. KAZINFORM - The trainers of the national weightlifting team of Kazakhstan held the final competition for the weightlifters of Kazakhstan competing for the Olympic "ticket" on July 11, Sports.kz informs.    

Eight athletes took part in the competition, but only five of them will go to Rio.

Competition  men's results:

Arli Chontei (56 kg) 130+155 - 4th place
Farkhat Kharki (62 kg) 143+184 - 2nd place
Nizhat Rakhimov (77 kg) 170+211 - 1st place
Aidar Kazov (77 kg) 157+200 - 6th place
Kirill Pavlov (77 kg) 158+196 - 7th place
Alexander Zaichikov (105 kg) 190+222 - 3rd place
Ibragim Bersanov (105 kg) 186+215 - 8th place
Selimkhan Abubakirov (105+ kg) 203+230 - 10th place

i wonder to know where's vladimir sedov? injured or doping issue or sth else? these 56 and 62 and 85 kg guys must have a great potential talent for medal , they ignored sedov

and as you know 56 and 62 kg have a Chinese origin

Kazakh media is reporting Sedov tested positive in the 2008 retests. 

Besides, I doubt they'd select him anyway after his protest against Ilyin at Kazakh nationals :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Besides, I doubt they'd select him anyway after his protest against Ilyin at Kazakh nationals :d 

oh yes!!

do you have any update about suspensions? any deadline?

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Actually Sedov is banned for disciplinary reason, during Kazakh nationals he showed up with a T-shirt shoeing Alexander Ivanov's picture with something like this "The True Olympic Champion" referring to Ilyin as a cheater. (Ivanov from RUS finished 2nd behind Ilyin)

So it's official, no Liao Hui in Rio.

56 Long Qingquan

62 Chen Lijun,

69 Shi Zhiyong

77 Lu Xiaojun

85 Tian Tao

105 Yang Zhe

Women’s Team is supposedly:

48 Hou Zhihui

53 Li Yajun

63 Deng Wei

69 Xiang Yangmei

http://www.allthingsgym.com/rio-2016-olympic-games-weightlifting/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hey guys, don't follow weightlifting much but would love to know what according to you are going to be epic contests at the games. Vested interest in men's 94kg as I am actually going to watch it live :d:cheer: 

Edited by Suneet

4 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Hey guys, don't follow weightlifting much but would love to know what according to you are going to be epic contests at the games. Vested interest in men's 94kg as I am actually going to watch it live :d:cheer: 

Tian Tao vs Rostami I think? :p 

And I think there's a big battle in men's +105kg coming up with Salimi and the Georgian guy? 

11 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Congrats for the first 10 gold medals for China.

If all 10 of those win a gold medal, I will eat my shoes :rofl:

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So it's official, no Liao Hui in Rio.

56 Long Qingquan

62 Chen Lijun,

69 Shi Zhiyong

77 Lu Xiaojun

85 Tian Tao

105 Yang Zhe

Women’s Team is supposedly:

48 Hou Zhihui

53 Li Yajun

63 Deng Wei

69 Xiang Yangmei

http://www.allthingsgym.com/rio-2016-olympic-games-weightlifting/

I'll go and agree with phelps' theory... That he was caught once again, but it will never become official to the rest of the World...

#banbestmen