Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
MHSN

Iran National Thread | به سوی توکیو 2020

heywoodu    2,705
16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

These 3 girls I talked about are Kimia Alizadeh (Taekwondo), Najmeh Khedmati (Shooting) and Elaheh Ahmadi (Shooting)

Alizadeh despite being just 17, won Iran's first ever women medal in an Olympic event in 2015 World TKD Championship. She won gold in one of World Grand Prix events after beating Olympic Champion in the final, she is among the favorites for sure, but winning medal or not will depend on the competition day.

Khedmati (also 19) Won gold in Incheon Asian Games , that was Iran's first ever gold medal in an Olympic individual event in Asian Games. She is consistent, usually finishes in top 8 in all World Cups she entered. in the same event we have Elaheh Ahmadi, (6th place in London). of course I know Shooting is highly unpredictable but these two girls are both capable of reaching the final and anything is possible when you reach the final

Oops, I thought you were talking about one athlete (Alizadeh, I didn't know the others) :p 

I can especially imagine it'll be a huge pressure on her shoulders, considering her very young age and her status as one of the main favorites..

heywoodu    2,705
21 hours ago, MHSN said:

I see 8 qualified Iranian female athletes in this list, do you know who they are missing? :mumble:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

I would like to write a little news article about it on a Dutch website, but of course it's quite crucial to be correct about which athletes qualified and it seems Wikipedia is not correct yet :p 

Edited by heywoodu

MHSN    225
7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I see 8 qualified Iranian female athletes in this list, do you know who they are missing? :mumble:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

I would like to write a little news article about it on a Dutch website, but of course it's quite crucial to be correct about which athletes qualified and it seems Wikipedia is not correct yet :p 

I see 9 there ?! :mumble: but you can see the names of qualified athletes in first page of this thread

but I can re-write the list again

Zahra Nemati - Archery

Leila Rajabi - Athletics (Shot Put) / btw she is from Belarus, married to an Iranian and became Iranian

Mahsa Javar - Rowing

Najmeh Khedmati - Shooting (Rifle)

Elaheh Ahmadi - Shooting (Rifle)

Mahlagha Jambozorg - Shooting (Rifle)

Golnoush Sebghatollahi - Shooting (Pistol)

Neda Shahsavari - Table Tennis

Kimia Alizadeh - Taekwondo

for Rajabi, Ahmadi and Shahsavari it wll be their second Olympics, Nemati who will be Iran's flagbearer in Rio, is a Paralympic champion.

I don't thnk any other Iranian girl qualifies but there are still slim chance to qualify more in Athletics and Archery,

Edited by MHSN

heywoodu    2,705
32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I see 9 there ?! :mumble: but you can see the names of qualified athletes in first page of this thread

but I can re-write the list again

Zahra Nemati - Archery

Leila Rajabi - Athletics (Shot Put) / btw she is from Belarus, married to an Iranian and became Iranian

Mahsa Javar - Rowing

Najmeh Khedmati - Shooting (Rifle)

Elaheh Ahmadi - Shooting (Rifle)

Mahlagha Jambozorg - Shooting (Rifle)

Golnoush Sebghatollahi - Shooting (Pistol)

Neda Shahsavari - Table Tennis

Kimia Alizadeh - Taekwondo

for Rajabi, Ahmadi and Shahsavari it wll be their second Olympics, Nemati who will be Iran's flagbearer in Rio, is a Paralympic champion.

I don't thnk any other Iranian girl qualifies but there are still slim chance to qualify more in Athletics and Archery,

Yes there are indeed 9 there, I think I forgot how to count for a moment :facepalm:

Thanks! 

bestmen    787

my photo

سجاد إيراني :d

146210056110271.jpg

MHSN    225

according to Iran Weightlifting federation, only 9 weightlifters remain in the national camp, 5 of them will go to Rio

85: Kianoush Rostami, Ayoub Mousavi

94: Sohrab Moradi, Ali Hashemi

105: Navab Nasirshalal, Mohammad Reza Barari, Kia Ghadami

+105: Behdad Salimi, Bahador Molaei

MantaRaymarc    25
8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

according to Iran Weightlifting federation, only 9 weightlifters remain in the national camp, 5 of them will go to Rio

85: Kianoush Rostami, Ayoub Mousavi

94: Sohrab Moradi, Ali Hashemi

105: Navab Nasirshalal, Mohammad Reza Barari, Kia Ghadami

+105: Behdad Salimi, Bahador Molaei

Do you know how and when will the Iranians chose their weightlifters for Rio 2016? This is going to be tough. 

MHSN    225
20 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Do you know how and when will the Iranians chose their weightlifters for Rio 2016? This is going to be tough. 

They didn't announce a deadline, I expect to announce the team officially only a month before the Olympics, they probably even wait for the last day to announce an official roster because of possible injuries.

They dropped few athletes from the list after the Asian Championship, they will probably do the same after the "Fajr Cup (Iran GP)" in 30 days. I already can say Rotami and Moradi are pretty safe. (because of his suspension Moradi has to participate in two official tournaments to become eligible, Fajr Cup and Pan-Ams Championship !!!) and they are all waiting for Behdad Salimi to find out his situation after the injury, if he is in good shape he is safe too.

after all I expect Rostami, Moradi, Barari, Salimi and Molaei to be in Rio but still it depends on so many factors. injuries happen a lot in this sport. Nassirshalal and Hashemi also have chance if they improve their records.

MantaRaymarc    25
8 hours ago, MHSN said:

They didn't announce a deadline, I expect to announce the team officially only a month before the Olympics, they probably even wait for the last day to announce an official roster because of possible injuries.

They dropped few athletes from the list after the Asian Championship, they will probably do the same after the "Fajr Cup (Iran GP)" in 30 days. I already can say Rotami and Moradi are pretty safe. (because of his suspension Moradi has to participate in two official tournaments to become eligible, Fajr Cup and Pan-Ams Championship !!!) and they are all waiting for Behdad Salimi to find out his situation after the injury, if he is in good shape he is safe too.

after all I expect Rostami, Moradi, Barari, Salimi and Molaei to be in Rio but still it depends on so many factors. injuries happen a lot in this sport. Nassirshalal and Hashemi also have chance if they improve their records.

Injuries may not only be a factor to these weightlifters preparing for Rio. As expected, they have to undergo a pre-Olympic doping test. If some of them have been tested positive for any banned substance, they are ineligible to compete at the Olympics.

heywoodu    2,705

How come the Iranians are not dominating the cycling Tour of Iran this year? :yikes:

MHSN    225
6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

How come the Iranians are not dominating the cycling Tour of Iran this year? :yikes:

Maybe because of the level of foreigners are better this time ? or maybe because Iranians are not good in sprint events. :mumble:

honestly I don't follow Cycling that much, I hear the same names for something like 10-15 years ! and they always accuse each other of using drugs.

heywoodu    2,705
1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Maybe because of the level of foreigners are better this time ? or maybe because Iranians are not good in sprint events. :mumble:

honestly I don't follow Cycling that much, I hear the same names for something like 10-15 years ! and they always accuse each other of using drugs.

As far as I could see the level of for example the Dutch guys here isn't that high..

Normally the Iranians (you know, the big 2 teams if I'm right) would absolutely destroy everyone in these kind of stages with quite though finishes :p (except for stage 1)

I found it interesting that some unknown Dutch guys are taking the wins for now, but let's see how it develops :)