Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sindo

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Federer91    232

I'm in the minority that liked the old version better. I dislike these new versions that websites upgrade to with the large fonts, the large icons and so on. I like it much better when it is small and compact and i don't have to scroll forever. Having every sport on a single row makes it very long. I know you could hide the sections, but either way, when you want to search a particular sport you have to collapse to find it.  Also the design of the topics seem very bland to me. I wish i could change the background color for my account. That's just my taste after all, and i don't want to offend Sindo and all the work he has done to bring the site back up. 

hukbrazil    13
1 hour ago, bestmen said:

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

You can upload the images at a specific site for this (picasaweb, for example) and then simply copy and paste here. So you will be using a free server, and not overloading the Totallympics.

ChandlerMne    94
2 hours ago, Sindo said:

About no. 1, one of the aim should be to come back to cover results and statistics one day, just I think now we should focus on other things with Rio just 6 months away.

About no. 2, it's just a temporary decision to allow the discussion to start again, for sure we will have more threads in the future and not a single thread for each sport.

Main thing is that you as admin do not leave this idea. No matter which board is used, does it cover results or not, this forum should stay forever. As you can see, there is still main core of members here, they deserve a place like this.

Bohemia    305

I like the new Totallympics, even if it's not the best to post results. But there are a lot of things that are better than the old version, like the fact that we can see what new messages there have been on the topics since the last time we logged in.

Prashanth    37

I think with respect to software, this is good. But we should develop to show results here. I feel all will say old because of many threads for individual event. We should plan how to use this software effectively. Maybe post results with some space to update in each sports for each tournament if possible at least results will be at same place and discussion on it can continue with intermittent results.

This is my idea...not sure whether it is possible...

dezbee2008    239

Honestly, it's early to say, but I'm leaning more towards this software, just because of the stuff you're able to do here that you couldn't on the old one.

mrv86    385

I agree there's been few days to make a judgement right now, but I like some things about the new forums.

However, I agree that at some point we shall start returning to post results, because it was part of the site good things, that many users and visitors could count on finding most results in here as soon as they were out.

HawkAussie    2

For the software yes, but in some way I did prefer the old one because I would like to see the results of a particular tournament so at the moment, I prefer the old version.

heywoodu    3,206

The new one, without a doubt. Obviously it's sad that all old content is gone....not so much results that can be found anywhere on internet, but unique things like the all-sports medal tables and the threads about which nations have yet or not yet qualified for Rio. 

Discuz however was so hopeless in terms of options...I mean, for crying out loud, it did not even have a "spoiler" option :lol:
Also it's cool that the other had so many results (although discussing was often impossible because people just had to urge to post every single result of every single heat of every single event for World Championships or World Cups), but without a working "search" function, that's 90% useless...

On this forum we have both the search and spoiler function which I think would greatly increase the whole results thing:

- Post results in a spoiler --> They won't get in the way of discussions and won't take you forever to scroll down the page
- Simply use the search function when you want to find certain results 

Perfect :d 

Bearas    18

This forum without results threads loosing everything it was in the past...