website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Isn't it so satisfying to make all the russians cry?

Well, it won't stop Israel from handing out nationality to Russian Jews though. I feel like 90% of Israeli gymnasts and figure skaters are basically Russian or Ukrainian Jews to begin with :p

Believe me: I'm not one to defend Ashram, but she worked hard for the results and she deserved it. The fact that some of the Russians are trying to make it look like she didn't deserve the gold medal is ridiculous.

Now, please, read this: https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/rhythmic-gymnastics-101-scoring

It's also important to consider that we're discussing an all-around competition, and performance on all 4 apparatus count. Her performance on ribbon might not have been excellent, but the drop only cost 0.3/0.5 depending on how many steps she took to get to the apparatus. This is a very small penalty in a sport where scores in 1 single apparatus can go up to 24/25 points. and Olympic medals are decided with combined scores around 100 points.

You can complain about the Code of Points -- I do this all the time -- but you can't just say that she didn't win the gold medal in a fair way.

Also, take a look at he body difficulty skills compared to Dina Averina's:

May be an image of text that says 'Ashram V D. Averina: DB scores 21.5 21 20.6 20.4 21.6 21.4 21.2 21.0 20.8 20.6 20.4 20.2 20.0 19.8 19.6 19.4 19.2 19.0 20.1 20 19.6 19.6 19.2 2018 Sofia 2019 Baku 2019 Baku 2021 Wcup Pesaro Q 2021 Tokyo 2021 Tokyo Linoy Ashram Dina Averina Made with infogr am'

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, it won't stop Israel from handing out nationality to Russian Jews though. I feel like 90% of Israeli gymnasts and figure skaters are basically Russian or Ukrainian Jews to begin with :p

True, But Ashram is from Yemen & Greece.....

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Don't forget Dolgopyat, who is actually Uzbek and even lives in Uzbekistan according to information from one website I read.

Poor Uzbekistan was robbed of an Olympic gold medal here, if you ask me. The same happened when Chusovitina represented Germany in 2008, in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Don't forget Dolgopyat, who is actually Uzbek and even lives in Uzbekistan according to information from one website I read.

Poor Uzbekistan was robbed of an Olympic gold medal here, if you ask me. The same happened when Chusovitina represented Germany in 2008, in my opinion.

He lives in Israel, in Rishon Le Zion, according to multiple interviews with him i saw

14 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

He lives in Israel, in Rishon Le Zion, according to multiple interviews with him i saw

Dolgopyat is from Ukraine? I also read he lives in Israel but he isn't even a Jew by the law since his mother wasn't Jewish. And he is dating a Belarussian girl so I assume he stays in the Russian-speaking language world anyway. But he can't get married in Israel since he isn't actually Jewish by the religion law :lol:

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Dolgopyat is from Ukraine? I also read he lives in Israel but he isn't even a Jew by the law since his mother wasn't Jewish. And he is dating a Belarussian girl so I assume he stays in the Russian-speaking language world anyway. But he can't get married in Israel since he isn't actually Jewish by the religion law :lol:

Oh, right, it's Shatilov who  lives in Uzbekistan. My bad here. Dolgopyat is from Ukraine. It makes things even more absurd because Ukraine didn't win any medals in gymnastics for the first time in history.

I remember when Maksyuta also competed representing Israel. It's crazy how they just handle free passes to gymnasts from Ukraine.

16 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yea he's from Ukraine, i wasn't aware that he wasn't jewish but i believe if his dad is jewish, it's enough to be a citizen under the israeli law. And yea he can't get married, it's a big problem in israel, but he can always get married in Cyprus, a lot of people do that.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Oh, right, it's Shatilov who  lives in Uzbekistan. My bad here. Dolgopyat is from Ukraine. It makes things even more absurd because Ukraine didn't win any medals in gymnastics for the first time in history.

I remember when Maksyuta also competed representing Israel. It's crazy how they just handle free passes to gymnasts from Ukraine.

They only give away free passports to Jews, you live in Brazil so might not be aware there are a lot of Russian/Ukrainian Jews out there. This also applies to figure skating - effectively every sport where Russia/former USSR has been a historical powerhouse. They also have a mixture of American Jews competing for Israel in figure skating but most are Russian/Ukrainian. Galit Chait was the only ethnic Israeli Jew that achieved international success in figure skating IIRC.

6 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yea he's from Ukraine, i wasn't aware that he wasn't jewish but i believe if his dad is jewish, it's enough to be a citizen under the israeli law. And yea he can't get married, it's a big problem in israel, but he can always get married in Cyprus, a lot of people do that.

And there are many organisations that help nowadays , so besides noise, there isn’t much about it,