website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Pretty decent results for the Dutch fleet. Unfortunately the Men's Eight didn't make it to the final yet.

Dutch Row Association wants at least 8 teams in Tokio. I presume they want a team in the M1x, M2x, M4x, M8, LW2x, W2x, W4x, W4-. Will be difficult, because the Dutch standards are higher than the IOC standards. For example, Dutch boats only qualifies when they are in the final. For IOC top 8/9 or top 11 is enough to qualify.

I think it is really annoying that there are like a dozen rounds in every event. I think it would be much better if there would be heats, semifinals and then finals. That way the whole competition could be over in 3 or 4 days.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

So after day 4 NZ has 13/14 Olympic crews still in the contention for Olympic qualifying. With as expected the Men's 4- missing out. Men's 8 are probably the biggest disappointment so far. They need to drastically improve to get out of their repecharge. W1x, W2-, W2x, LW2x, W8+ are looking excellent. Out of the men's crews only the M2- look likely to challenge for a medal. As I said the Men have really found this quadrennial very difficult. I will not be surprised if all 7 women's crews qualify but the W4x and W4- are still a bit of an unknown since these crews have only really formed this year. As for the men's only the M2- look good. Which is a pathetic return. But the M1x, M2x, M4x, LM2x, M8+ are still there but expect the majority of them to drop out sooner rather than later. So perhaps 7 to 8 crews may make it. Majority of them will be women. NZ will send no crews to the Last Chance regatta next year. So all crews are on notice to qualify at this regatta. If not kiss your Olympic dream goodbye and wait for another 4 years. 

and the men's lightweight double does it, too! :cheer:

but it was a lot more difficult than expected...Spain, Poland and also China (who missed out on a place in the final in the end) made our life really complicated throughout the entire race...:mumble:

Edited by phelps