website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

Just now, rybak said:

:POL Krzysztof Biegun (ski jumping) retired as well being just 24yo

Understandable, given the enormous strenght in Polish ski jumping and him not being anywhere close to really breaking in that top group..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

at school and connected on net 

you are one good pupil i see 

I think it shows that I’m dedicated to something at least :cool:. I’m a actually a good student though. I’m surprised none of you guys noticed that I only comment around 10, 12, 5 my time during the week days

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:DEN Anna Kasprzak's campaigner Donnperignon has been retired. They were the rock of the Danish dressage team for many years.

2012 Olympics

2013 Europeans

2014 WEG

2015 Europeans

2016 Olympics

2017 Europeans - team silver

At all these events they advanced all the way to the individual finals for top 15 (18)...

#banbestmen

:NED Jelle van Gorkom (BMX, Olympic silver 2016)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Not surprising. His injuries were like from a plane crash survivor or something.

Yep. I don't care much that he retired, I'm already very glad to read he can walk more and more and things like that. It's gonna be a very long way (recovery is much harder than being an elite athlete, his words), but as long as he keeps making progress like that, it's good.

:BRA Erika Miranda (Judo), 6-time world medalist, announced her retirement today. She won a medal at each of the last 5 World Championships, including the only brazilian medal at this year's Worlds, and she was in good position to compete in Tokyo, so this is kind of a huge surprise. Health concerns might have motivated the decision.