website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Don´t get it, why you mentioned me ? :lol:

I wanted to reference someone jokingly, and a knee Slovakia (and Czechia) are super Christian.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Isn't Halloween supposed to be scary? Or is he doing it to say Jesus is scary or what? :p 

No, WW2 and more importantly Vietnam, ruined that. Americans can’t be scared by monsters, when they’ve seen worse from people. At least that’s the leading theory on why horror changed to a human focus, and why Halloween got more of a humorous and PG tone.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, WW2 and more importantly Vietnam, ruined that. Americans can’t be scared by monsters, when they’ve seen worse from people. At least that’s the leading theory on why horror changed to a human focus, and why Halloween got more of a humorous and PG tone.

Boring.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wanted to reference someone jokingly, and a knee Slovakia (and Czechia) are super Christian.

yeah, Czechia definitely not they may be pretty well the most atheist nation on the planet  :lol: meanwhile yes SVK is super ultra catho

22 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yeah, Czechia definitely not they may be pretty well the most atheist nation on the planet  :lol: meanwhile yes SVK is super ultra catho

They score high on the healthy side of this table, yes :d 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They score high on the healthy side of this table, yes :d 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

The US is interesting, I expected 40% Yes, 60% NO (down party lines more less). I guess the Muslims and Jews (who generally vote left) consider their faith much more important than white liberals. I mean I’m agnostic, but there are many more things more important in life than religion.

9 hours ago, hckosice said:

I don't know, how it looks in Slovakia. Do your priests say that Halloween is a satan thing? Are the pedophile priests shielded by the bishops, the presecutors and the government? Do the bishops say about "pink disease" comparing homosexuals to communist "red disease"? Is the religion in school? Financed by the country? Is the Catholic Church tax-freed?