website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hostage. That’s the name of the film. Nothing about the way it was marketed said kids movie, but I think it was meant to be.

ah yes, "Rukojemník" Hostage in english. yes it was kind of tragicomedy, but the movie itself wasn´t a market success here at the time.

Anyway, I have one question that occured obviously in my mind, how did you found it ? :lol:

+ If you want to watch more SVK films I will certainly highly recommend you these two movies.

Čiara  (The Line)

and Učiteľka  (The Teacher)

28 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ah yes, "Rukojemník" Hostage in english. yes it was kind of tragicomedy, but the movie itself wasn´t a market success here at the time.

Anyway, I have one question that occured obviously in my mind, how did you found it ? :lol:

+ If you want to watch more SVK films I will certainly highly recommend you these two movies.

I found it in my Amazon Prime recommendations after watching some European-made Holocaust movies. I think also matched some of the dramas I’d been watching.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Independent cinemas (aka real cinemas) broadcast such films all over the world. :p

Last year I watched Démanty Noci... :d

#banbestmen

How do I know if a Halloween or “Magic” movie is good? When religious groups call it demonic or take offense to religious symbols being used :yes. If a Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or Jewish group says not to watch a movie with “dark arts” then it must be watched. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ah, back to the time of year when cinema gets good. I’m most looking looking forward to “Joker”, “Jojo Rabbit”, “The Goldfinch”, and hopefully a few other good surprises with Oscars season around the corner. Last year was a bit of a let down, so hopefully this knocks it out of the park. :yes

Edited by Olympian1010

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, back to the time of year when cinema gets good. I’m most looking looking forward to “Joker”, “Jojo Rabbit”, “The Goldfinch”, and hopefully a few other good surprises with Oscars season around the corner. Last year was a bit of a let down, so hopefully this knocks it out of the park. :yes

Ah darn :(, I got really bad reviews. Come on, just give me one good Oscar season where all the movies are as good as their supposed to be. I ways really looking forward to this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recently discovered Kitchen Nightmares (there are full episodes on Youtube) and i have to say that in my opinion it is one of the top 10 TV shows of all times. I can only recommend this show to everyone.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.