website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

On 11/06/2019 at 00:14, Olympian1010 said:

I watched it for the first 2/3 seasons. It was alright. My sister is on the 5/6 season now and it doesn’t look good to me. 

I’d personally recommend Big Little Lies, Chernobyl, Stranger Things, Lost In Space (the Netflix remake), Good Doctor, or Veep

Just finished Chernobyl yesterday and it is an amazing show in my opinion, although it makes no sense to compare it to Breaking Bad, The Wire or The Sopranos.

In case you didn't know it: There is also a free podcast available on Youtube with a lot of background information (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUeHPCYtWYQ)

Also watched the first season or so of Stranger Things, but i am not a big fan.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Just finished Chernobyl yesterday and it is an amazing show in my opinion, although it makes no sense to compare it to Breaking Bad, The Wire or The Sopranos.

In case you didn't know it: There is also a free podcast available on Youtube with a lot of background information (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUeHPCYtWYQ)

Also watched the first season or so of Stranger Things, but i am not a big fan.

I would recommend trying Stranger Things season 2 because there is a lot less character and world building. The plot is much better in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally watched the last episode of the Big Bang Theory with czech dabing in czech TV :) Now when it´s over, seriously I have a feeling like I lost something..after so many years I followed it again and again, I can not believe that it´s really over.

but with that sequence of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, my second fav show when I was a young boy, just couldn´t be a better way to finish the whole show for me  :d

Is anyone else watching Big Little Lies on HBO? It has amazing writing, editing, and music selection. It’s so, so good.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Is anyone else watching Big Little Lies on HBO? It has amazing writing, editing, and music selection. It’s so, so good.

I like it, but the last few episodes have been kinda messy, unfortunately. But I still feel this is worthy watching for its entertainment value.

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I like it, but the last few episodes have been kinda messy, unfortunately. But I still feel this is worthy watching for its entertainment value.

Oh I’ve felt like this season has been quite good. I’m excited for the finale next week.

Can we talk about this masterpiece:

This almost looks Oscar worth and it comes out at the right time.

Today Andrea Camilleri dies at the age of 93. He was the one who created the Montalbano series and actively took part to the making of a tv series inspired by his books. 

Although he he was an aged man, I believe he will be missed a lot from a large part of Italian people

What the actual fuck is this:

@OlympicIRL or @hckosice I’m going to need you to pass the bottle(s).