website statistics

Rowing FISA Final Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

George_D

4 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Wow what a finish from the :CZE men’s lightweight double to book their Olympic ticket :bowdown:

Yeah, that was incredible. :CZE Šimánek & Vraštil are known for their strong finish but when I saw them on 1500m, I was a bit loosing hope. But the finish was incredible. Also chinese crew kinda froze within last 200m. 

4 hours ago, dodge said:

I posted on the other thread but here’s all the quotas won today 

W2- :RUS:DEN 

W2x :RUS:GER 

W4- :IRL:CHN 

W1x :GRE:BLR 

W4x :AUS:FRA 

M4x :EST:RUS 

W8+ :CHN:ROU 
M8+ :NZL:ROU 
M2- :NED:DEN 

M2x :RUS:CZE 

M4- :RSA:CAN 

M1x :RUS:CAN 

LW2x :USA:SUI:IRL 

LM2x :CAN:CZE 

I am super happy for :CZE M2x .... Jakub Podrazil wanted to compete in M2x alongside Ondřej Synek (3 times Olympic medalist in M1x) but after unsuccessful ECH 2021 they broke up. So Podrazil made a crew with Jan Cincibuch who is "the second" single sculls competitor in Czech. Rowing together for less than a month, they successfully made it to Tokyo. That is really incredible story. Nobody would believe they would make if they asked when they started. Really great job! 

15 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, that was incredible. :CZE Šimánek & Vraštil are known for their strong finish but when I saw them on 1500m, I was a bit loosing hope. But the finish was incredible. Also chinese crew kinda froze within last 200m. 

Yes. Both Chinese LW2* and LM2* almost led 1900m but got surpassed at last 100m. Chinese fans are quite depressed about this even though receiving W8+ and W4- quotas already meeting expectation. Congrats by the way.

54 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:CAN also qualified the most boats since Atlanta, which happened to be the most successful games for the sport (6 medals). If Canada comes anywhere close that number, that would be amazing!

You realize that Canada won only one bronze at the last worlds? Realistically even two medals would be an amazing result for Canada.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

44 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Yes. Both Chinese LW2* and LM2* almost led 1900m but got surpassed at last 100m. Chinese fans are quite depressed about this even though receiving W8+ and W4- quotas already meeting expectation. Congrats by the way.

Do both those boats have the same coach? If so I bet it was the coach's idea to go fast all throughout. Both should have qualified.

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Do both those boats have the same coach? If so I bet it was the coach's idea to go fast all throughout. Both should have qualified.

I think it's their strategy. It's unfair to judge following others or leading with full speed is a better strategy after knowing the result. Sad but hope to receive reallocation quota since they both are the next best...

7 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Oh yes. That is why during the olympics I rather focus on watching my favourite events than following closely all the Polish Team performance. It's much more entertaining this way and the mood is better.

But I must say Natan failing to qualify is my first serious disappointment. I haven't counted much on women's volleyball actually, so it wasn't such a surprise for me like today.

I just realized that Natan was so unlucky in those qualifications, he finished here third just few seconds away from quota, he couldn't compete in European qualifications due to rules (not fair for me) and he was first under line at World Championships....

Since Japan didn't used host quota here maybe there will be an reallocation and he would get quota either way since he was first underline in both main qualifiers. But I don't know if it will happen. Maybe anyone know it better? @intoronto @JoshMartini007 @dcro

1 hour ago, rybak said:

I just realized that Natan was so unlucky in those qualifications, he finished here third just few seconds away from quota, he couldn't compete in European qualifications due to rules (not fair for me) and he was first under line at World Championships....

Since Japan didn't used host quota here maybe there will be an reallocation and he would get quota either way since he was first underline in both main qualifiers. But I don't know if it will happen. Maybe anyone know it better? @intoronto @JoshMartini007 @dcro

Sadly, not the case here.

"Unused Host Country Place(s) will be reallocated to the NOC of the next highest placed boat in Single Sculls
in the respective gender at the Asia-Oceania Continental Qualification regatta that has not yet qualified a boat
for the Olympics at either the World Rowing Championships or the Continental Qualification regatta." 

Not sure if there are any boats left. If there isn't then only would :POL get the spot. 

1 hour ago, rybak said:

I think Kuwait gets the unused host quota in men’s single sculls, as they actually competed and finished 13th place at the Asian qualifiers, one position ahead of the Kuwaiti female rower (14th), who due to rules can’t take the spot.

In an irony, as the women’s host quota couldn’t be awarded to any other Asian or Oceania nation, it will get reassigned to the next best competitor in the final qualifier, like they did in LW2x.

And guess what? It goes back to Japan :lol: